Senior Engineer - Qualcomm - Farnborough, Hampshire, UK
Job Type: Full time
Qualcomm Technologies International Ltd
Job Area:Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Applications Engineering
This role is at Senior Engineer level and we are looking for a postgraduate with 3-5 years experience that is enthusiastic and looking for a great career opportunity with a world leading company.
What will you gain from this position:
- Deep and broad understanding of the most advanced IoT ARM based systems for IoT customer development. BSP is the core of all platform development and requires a deep system understanding to both drive customer designs and debug complex issues.
- Involvement in product definition and feature development of the latest IoT systems with a wide variety of customers and products.
- Qualcomm offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package.
To join Qualcomm Customer Engineering team and work with world leading 5G device manufacturer from design & develop to commercially launch exciting new Qualcomm SoC based products with next generation AI, Machine learning, computer vision and cellular communication technologies.
Customer Engineering role:
- Understand key aspects of customers' system requirements and designs.
- To communicate with internal development teams on customers’ issues/features/designs.
- To work with customers in developing customized feature and resolving development stage/product commercialization issues.
- To train customers on QC platforms and features
- Collaborate across multiple locations and travel when required to directly support customers.
- 2+ years of industrial experience in mobile device or IOT product commercialization or similar.
- Familiar with embedded system and real-time OS - exposure to one or more of Linux, Yocto, Ubuntu based systems – bring-up, device tree, peripheral customizations.
- Solid understanding of computer system architecture (core, cache, memory models, bus architecture, etc.)
- Strong experience in C/C++ programming, systems knowledge.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, high motivation, the ability to learn quickly and must be a self-starter.
- Experience with testing tools/scripts (python, shell script) development on Windows and Linux.
- Integration, development, system debugging BSP related functionalities on OEM designs.
- Handling customers’ Q&A and work closely with internal developers.
- Testing tool/script implementation to speed up issue debugging.
- Training customers on QC platforms and features.
- Masters, Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 2+ years Software Applications Engineering, Software Development experience, or related work experience.
- 2+ years’ experience with debugging techniques.
- 2+ years’ experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills in English (both oral and written)
*References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found herefor assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.