Engineer - Qualcomm - Farnborough, Hampshire
Job Type: Full time
Qualcomm Technologies International Ltd
Job Area:Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Applications Engineering
This role is at Engineer level, and we are looking for an enthusiastic graduate or postgraduate with 1-2 years’ experience who is looking for a great career opportunity with a world leading company.
What will you gain from this position:
- Deep and broad understanding of the most advanced camera/imaging, video encoding/decoding, graphics and display technologies.
- Involved in product definition and feature development of the latest camera modules, display panels, video and graphics workflows for creating innovative solutions to address wide variety of complex problems.
- Qualcomm offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package along with well-defined career progression path.
The Qualcomm Customer Engineering teams work alongside world leading IoT device manufacturers, we work with customers to design, develop and commercially launch exciting new Qualcomm SoC based products with next generation AI, Machine learning, computer vision and cellular communication technologies.
Customer Engineering role:
- Understand key aspects of customers' system requirements and designs.
- To communicate with internal development teams on customers’ issues/features/designs.
- To work with customers in developing customized feature and resolving development stage/product commercialization issues.
- To train customers on QC platforms and features
- Collaborate across multiple locations and travel when required to directly support customers.
Areas of interest - skills/experience:
- Camera module, display panel and bare board bring up related areas.
- Understand image processing, image pipeline and camera h/w architecture.
- Familiar with Android/Linux driver architecture and experience on debug related issues.
- Familiar with Android AOSP, Yocto build tools and HAL (hardware abstraction layers) in general is a big plus.
- Strong software development skills, C and C++ programming, problem analysis, and debugging skills.
- Knowledge in real-time microprocessor-based embedded programming on embedded real-time operating systems.
- Knowledge of programming in at least one High Level Operating System (Android/ Linux) natively is preferred.
- Solid understanding of computer system architecture (core, cache, memory models, bus architecture, etc.)
Responsibilities when fully trained:
- Integration, development, system level debugging and bringup, debugging MM Camera / Display related functionalities on OEM designs.
- Handling customers’ Q&A and work closely with internal developers.
- Testing tool/script implementation to speed up issue debugging.
- Training customers on QC platforms and features.
- Must be able to travel to customer sites within Europe – travel requirement is variable
- Must be a self-starter with a can-do attitude to learn new concepts and technologies and improve existing Qualcomm solutions.
- Masters, Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills in English (both oral and written)
*References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found herefor assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.