Senior Analyst VAT
Job Type: Full time
Qualcomm Technologies International Ltd
Job Area:Finance & Accounting Group, Finance & Accounting Group > Tax
About the role:
Qualcomm’s Voice & Music Business is continuously pushing the envelope of wireless audio.
We are creating an optimised chain of audio innovations and software designed to provide seamless, immersive audio in, and across, devices including smartphones, wireless earbuds, wireless speakers and headsets. The business is driving a superior sound experience for consumers while listening to streaming music, communicating on the phone, or wireless gaming.
We most recently led the market in announcing CD lossless quality over Bluetooth as part of a host of integrated innovations making up Snapdragon Sound!
Our commercially focused Tax team and are looking for a Senior Analyst to expand our capabilities to provide best-in-class Tax information and insights when partnering with the General Manager and wider Qualcomm organisation to drive the business forwards.
- Reporting to the EMEA VAT lead ensure the EMEA region VAT compliance is up to date, including but not limited to VAT Returns, VAT payments/refunds, VAT registrations, ECSL, and Intrastat.
- Work closely with finance and shared services global teams in preparing of or assisting in all requested VAT reports required for tax filings.
- Collate data, review and analyse, liaising with teams on follow-up questions.
- Send VAT reports and other requested information to the external compliance provider for preparation for the tax filings.
- To download invoices as and when required.
- Maintain VAT and Tax compliance calendar and monitor submission deadlines.
- Download and save submitted tax filings and submission confirmations.
- To perform tax administrative duties for the wider tax team. To include:
- Raising PO requests across EMEA and liaising with procurement teams
- Tracking of compliance fees invoicing from service providers
- Liaise with key stakeholders throughout the business with regard to VAT compliance.
- Provide support with documentation as and when required.
- Complete monthly VAT balance sheet reconciliations for EMEA.
- Assist with integration of acquisitions and improvement of internal processes.
- Work closely with the wider tax team members to support them in their daily tasks.
- ERP systems - ORACLE/SAP – high
- Excel/Alteryx – high
- Tax knowledge – medium experience
- Ability to collaborate remotely with a cross functional global team
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work independently
- Detail-oriented and ability to meet tight deadlines
Excited about this role, but not sure if you meet 100% of the criteria? We would still like to hear from you and would welcome your application.
- Tax specific qualifications ATT/CTA or equivalent; qualified accountant, or equivalent degree with relevant taxation experience
- 3-5 years of tax experience focused on compliance – practice or industry
- Working knowledge of EMEA VAT compliance
Where you will be working:
Cambridge, located in the East of England, 50 miles north of London, is a unique and beautiful city, renowned for its world-class university and the thriving cluster of high technology businesses that have grown up around it. Cambridge is well served by road and rail links, and is within easy distance of the major London airports
At our Cambridge site we are focused on pioneering IoT and automotive technologies, with engineering areas of excellence including, Analogue and Digital Design, Voice and Music (Hardware, Software, OEM Support, Innovation).
Cambridge is our largest office in the UK, with more than 600 team members including engineers, business strategists and support staff
What's on Offer:
Apart from working in an open, relaxed and collaborative space, you will enjoy:
- Salary, stock and performance related bonus
- Employee stock purchase scheme
- Matching pension scheme
- Life, Medical, Income and Travel Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity Leave
- Enhanced Paternity Leave
- Menopause Support
- Education Assistance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Voluntary Health Checks
- Complimentary Period Products onsite
- Global Wellbeing Days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Bicycle purchase scheme
- Employee run clubs, including, running, football, chess, badminton + many more
Qualcomm actively seeks and recruits diverse candidates for positions at the company. Diverse teams, built around different perspectives, experiences and skill sets, fuel creativity and innovation. We’re developing leaders and shaping future talent pools to help us meet the needs of our diverse customers worldwide. This means we’re taking a broad approach to finding diverse candidates.
We are proud to be a WORK180 endorsed employer, see our range of UK benefits and policies directly at WORK180: Qualcomm Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
Equal Opportunities & Equal Pay:
We are an Equal Opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any protected classification.
Employees in Cambridge have a strong sense of community. We are encouraged through the philanthropic endeavours of the Qualcomm Foundation to support causes that matter to us.
Links to videos or articles:
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion | Qualcomm
*References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found herefor assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Qualcomm expects its employees to abide by all applicable policies and procedures, including but not limited to security and other requirements regarding protection of Company confidential information and other confidential and/or proprietary information, to the extent those requirements are permissible under applicable law.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.