Enterprise Delivery Manager 7 month FTC
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About The Telegraph
The Telegraph is an award-winning, multimedia news brand synonymous with quality, credibility and authority for more than 160 years.
We are renowned for the analysis, perspective, opinion and insight our journalism provides to a discerning audience. Every day the content we create sets the news agenda, sparking debate and provoking comment.
Our vision, with quality journalism at the heart, is to pioneer new ways to serve 10 million registered users and 1 million subscribers. We’ll achieve this with a constant focus on our journalism, and by using the data and understanding we have of The Telegraph’s audience to successfully grow our revenue streams from subscriptions to advertising, travel, events, and financial services.
We want to capture the diversity of thought through our people, create inclusive working environments that allow everyone to be their authentic selves at work while creating a sense of belonging to ensure we have the highest performing teams.
About The Role
The Enterprise Delivery Manager will be responsible for managing projects within the Enterprise Tech department. This individual will sit within the overall delivery team who support application and infrastructure teams, who are responsible for the Enterprise level production critical systems used by the Commercial and Editorial departments. The delivery manager will also work in other areas of the department on other technology related projects.
Responsibilities for the Delivery Manager will range from (but not limited to) system upgrades, sprint planning and management, implementing new systems and managing/enhancing existing business processes where needed. This fixed term role will be for approximately 7 months.
- Assist teams in developing their usage of systems to optimise processes
- Review and prioritise feature/change requests for the business tools
- Participate in preparing Change Requests for the business and seeking approval for their progression where needed
- Manage the delivery of change in the form of projects and/or small initiatives
- Manage and lead end to end delivery across multiple teams
- Responsible for delivering key areas of the overall Technology roadmap covering multiple teams
- Assist budget and roadmap process for projects where required
- Build strong relationships and manage stakeholders through proactive communication
- Assist technology and business stakeholders in on-going development and planning
- Assist in planning integration of various systems
- Assist and support transition process to bring new systems into service
- Communicate required changes and features to technology in a concise way
- Manage relationship with vendors and escalate support and related issues when necessary
- Contribute towards weekly project reporting/meetings to Senior Management
- Manage sprint planning sessions and overall ticket management for team members including management of team rota
- Working with the wider delivery team to identify areas which will impact performance and where improvements can be made
- Experience managing projects with various methodologies (Agile, Waterfall etc.)
- A broad knowledge of hardware, software and programming
- A creative and positive approach to problem-solving
- The ability to gather and interpret information accurately and to the point
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to explain technical ideas clearly in simple terms; adjusted for the audience in question
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and prioritise as needed
- Good negotiating skills
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheets, Lucid Chart, Google suite is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment would be a benefit
- Agile/Prince 2 qualification advantageous
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.