Operations Engineer (Windows)
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About The Telegraph
The Telegraph is an award-winning, multimedia news brand synonymous with quality, credibility and authority for more than 160 years.
We are renowned for the analysis, perspective, opinion and insight our journalism provides to a discerning audience. Every day the content we create sets the news agenda, sparking debate and provoking comment.
Our vision, with quality journalism at the heart, is to pioneer new ways to serve 10 million registered users and 1 million subscribers. We’ll achieve this with a constant focus on our journalism, and by using the data and understanding we have of The Telegraph’s audience to successfully grow our revenue streams from subscriptions to advertising, travel, events, and financial services.
We want to capture the diversity of thought through our people, create inclusive working environments that allow everyone to be their authentic selves at work while creating a sense of belonging to ensure we have the highest performing teams.
About the Role
The IT landscape at the Telegraph Media Group is spread across on-premise and cloud infrastructures and we strive to automate and modernize wherever possible. This is a unique opportunity to work for an established industry leading brand and learn the latest technologies as well as traditional on-prem infrastructures. The Telegraph is committed to getting the work life balance just right, by offering flexible working options such as “some working from home”, a free, on site gym and a superb benefits package.The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic,ideas driven and have the determination to succeed. You'll have Windows Engineering experience and advanced knowledge of the Windows Server OS, Microsoft MECM (as well as software packaging, good PowerShell skills, a good knowledge of End User Computing, and a keen interest in Cloud technologies and infrastructure as code tools). Ivanti EndPoint management experience will be a real advantage within this role.
- Support hours are between 08:00 and 18:00
- Out of hours support is provided by an on-call rota
- Automate processes and workflows where possible
- Migration of services to cloud environments such as GCP, AWS etc
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and ongoing availability of all TMG’s servers and server infrastructure within the established standards and guidelines
- Windows Server and Desktop patching
- Proactively monitor the server farm to reduce outage to a minimum
- Keep all Team members up to date with effective documentation and knowledge transfer
- Working on projects introducing new technologies and workflows into business as usual(BAU) operations
- Working with IT staff as appropriate to determine root cause, solutions and service improvements
- Providing technical resource to facilitate project delivery
- Work closely with the various operational teams as well as 3rd party vendors and service delivery partners
- Have a passion for engineering excellence
- Experienced in Windows system administration and Active Directory
- Experienced in MECM and software Packaging
- Knowledge of Citrix virtual desktops, Powershell and Appsense
- Knowledge of VMWare
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Interest in cloud orchestration. (Terraform, Puppet, Jenkins, GIT, PowerShell DSC, GCPAdministration, gcloud, gsutil)
- Interest in of AWS and GCP service
- Macintosh OS
- RedHat Linux
- HPE server blade administration
- Knowledge of SAN technologies (HPE Nimble)
- ITIL Foundation
- Experience or working in an agile environment
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave and enhanced paternity/partner leave), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Telegraph Media Group, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We believe in equality of opportunity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer as part of the government’s Disability Confident Scheme. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition and would like support in applying for any of our roles or if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
To find out more about Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Telegraph Media Group, and for more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.