Digital Investment Partner
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About The Telegraph
The Telegraph is an award-winning, multimedia news brand synonymous with quality, credibility and authority for more than 160 years. We are renowned for the analysis, perspective, opinion and insight our journalism provides to a discerning audience. Every day the content we create sets the news agenda, sparking debate and provoking comment.
Our vision, with quality journalism at the heart, is to pioneer new ways to serve 10 million registered users and 1 million subscribers. We’ll achieve this with a constant focus on our journalism, and by using the data and understanding we have of The Telegraph’s audience to successfully grow our revenue streams from subscriptions to advertising, travel, events, and financial services.
We want to capture the diversity of thought through our people and create inclusive working environments that allow everyone to be their authentic selves at work while creating a sense of belonging to ensure we have the highest-performing teams. For more information on our purpose, beliefs and people values, please visit our website. To see our latest brand campaign visit telegraph.co.uk/wordschosenwell.
About the Role
Working within the market-leading Commercial Innovation & Digital department, the InvestmentPartner is expected to evangelise The Telegraph’s digital offering, and maximise premium digital advertising revenues and yields across the Telegraph’s portfolio of premium digital advertising formats, Telegraph1, Metrics That Matter, Newsletters, Podcasts and Video, as well as supporting where appropriate on the digital element of partnership pitches.
You will identify and develop opportunities, and negotiate with agency contacts. You will be proactive in selling high-yielding and market-leading products that are bespoke to The Telegraph, and in driving new incremental business to all Telegraph digital products via any sales route. With the wider team's specialist support you will innovate solutions to help clients with their digital advertising needs, analyse and work with numbers and demonstrate excellent knowledge of our products, platforms and the digital media market.
You will grow our digital direct, data and partnerships business with network agencies or independents as directed.
- Proactively seek new business from your agencies and direct booking clients
- Work with the Senior Digital Investment Partners on innovations to generate incremental revenue.
- Deliver on revenue targets specific to individual and group digital quarterly targets.
- Liaise with key internal teams to achieve maximum operational efficiency
- Work as directed in partnership with our partners at The Ozone Project and dmg media
- Report back on trading and drive proposals and sales.
- Cultivate working relationships with all agency contacts working within Digital, Investment, Data and Planning, with the support of specialist team members as appropriate.
- Increase yield and digital spend from core Telegraph advertisers
- Contribute to surfacing EIP and data partnership briefs from agencies
- Adhere to a structured approach as outlined by the CPO’s leadership team when proposing digital display and direct deals; yields, presentations, data, and inventory.
- Ensure communication to all stakeholders is in constant flow to benefit overall revenue generation; briefs deals under discussion, market intel, and proposals.
- Ability to ‘sell up’ in digital (eg from print to digital, or from standard display to premium, orTelegraph1 or other Telegraph bespoke products)
- Ability to grow key accounts
- Ability to adapt to new products;
- Contacts at London-based, network advertising agencies or large independents
- Ability to collaborate well
- Ability to work in a high performing fast-paced team
- The Telegraph supports flexible working, per your line manager’s agreement.
- A range of excellent benefits (including on-site gym, massages, and more).
- In-role development and access to formal development.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.