Digital Investment Partner
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Working within the market leading Commercial Innovation & Digital department, the Investment Partner is expected to evangelise The Telegraph’s digital offering, and maximise premium digital advertising revenues and yields across the Telegraph’s portfolio of premium digital advertising formats, Telegraph1, Metrics That Matter, Newsletters, Podcasts and Video, as well as supporting where appropriate on the digital element of partnership pitches.
You will identify and develop opportunities, and negotiate with agency contacts. You will be proactive in selling high-yielding and market-leading products that are bespoke to The Telegraph; and in driving new or incremental business to all Telegraph digital products via any sales route. With the wider team’s specialist support you will innovate solutions to help clients with their digital advertising needs, analyse and work with numbers and demonstrate excellent knowledge of our products, platforms and the digital media market.
You will grow our digital direct, data and partnerships business with network agencies or independents as directed
- Proactively seek new business from your agencies and direct booking clients
- Work with the Senior Digital Investment Partners on innovations to generate incremental revenue.
- Deliver on revenue targets specific to individual and group digital quarterly targets.
- Liaise with key internal teams to achieve maximum operational efficiency
- Work as directed in partnership with our partners at The Ozone Project and dmg media
- Report back on trading and drive proposals and sales.
- Cultivate working relationships with all agency contacts working within Digital, Investment, Data and Planning, with the support of specialist team members as appropriate.
- Increase yield and digital spend from core Telegraph advertisers
- Contribute to surfacing EIP and data partnership briefs from agencies
- Adhere to a structured approach as outlined by the CPO’s leadership team when proposing digital display and direct deals; yields, presentations, data, inventory.
- Ensure communication to all stakeholders is in constant flow to benefit overall revenue generation; briefs, deals under discussion, market intel, proposals.
- What you can expect from The Telegraph if you’re the successful candidate
- The Telegraph supports flexible working, per your line manager’s agreement.
- A range of excellent benefits (including on-site gym, massages, and more).
- In-role development and access to formal development.
- Ability to ‘sell up’ in digital (eg from print to digital, or from standard display to premium, or Telegraph1 or other Telegraph bespoke products)
- Ability to grow key accounts
- Ability to adapt to new products;
- Contacts at London based, network advertising agencies or large independents
- Ability to collaborate well
- Ability to work in a high performing fast paced team
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.