Web Producer - 6 Month Contract
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Contract/temp
We are looking for a multi-tasking Web Producer with experience in publishing digital content in a wide range of creative formats, utilising a range of content management systems. An understanding of SEO and UX and an ability to copy-write, proofread and analyse performance of commercial content is key.
The right individual will be joining a dynamic, fast-paced team working across several campaigns simultaneously to drive results for market-leading partnerships.
- Produce written copy for a wide range of digital partnerships across formats such as articles, interactive builds, display ads and content hubs, specifically in regards to SEO and social copy
- Producing and publishing content to multiple platforms including telegraph.co.uk, The Telegraph’s App, YouTube, Apple News etc
- Optimise digital content with best practice SEO techniques. Research and propose content URLs and headlines based on SEO keyword research analysis
- Build web pages and manage content hubs using Adobe AEM and other digital platforms, with an awareness of user experience
- Proofread, check and test all forms of digital content on multiple browsers and devices
- Meet publishing deadlines and work with the Distribution team to ensure that audience KPIs are met
- Communicate digital content strategies and SEO best practice to colleagues and clients
- Liaise and collaborate with project managers, commissioning editors, digital designers and sales teams to ensure that content is produced to brief
- Optimise and manipulate images via Photoshop, video content in YouTube, data capture forms via Cheetah Digital, and collaborate with digital designers on no-code platforms such as Ceros
- Analyse content performance across a wide range of metrics to inform post-campaign analysis reports
- Awareness of Telegraph digital platforms, editorial initiatives, podcasts, events and subscriber-first business model.
- Skilled copywriter with the ability to create compelling written content
- Experience of implementing onsite SEO techniques and use of keyword planning and analytics tools including Google Adwords, Insights and Trends, Google Analytics and Search Console
- Awareness and experience in using various CMS, Photoshop, social media platforms, Apple News & other content platforms
- Ability to proofread online web pages to rectify grammatical and web styling errors
- Not a coding expert but the ability to identify, embed and edit basic HTML code is a bonus.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
The successful candidate will be provided with training on all tools and reports required for the role.
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds. Our organisation is on a continuous journey to achieve this sense of belonging, with focused inclusion policies, training, and internal networks. We believe it’s not only the right thing to do but that there’s a strong business case to support it. Because if you feel you belong, you’ll feel more comfortable, so you’ll be more likely to achieve your best.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.