Director of SEO
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, this role is responsible for setting the SEO strategy across the business and directing our Editorial and Commercial SEO team.
The role of the Director of SEO is to lead and drive forward strategies by building excellent internal relationships, including with Technology, Editorial, Commercial and Insight & Analytics teams, and levering the expertise of internal SEO and content teams.
- Overall responsibility for the cross-business SEO roadmap, prioritising workstreams and ensuring that SEO efforts from and for different departments complement each other
- Define SEO-specific processes and structures within the team and across the business, establishing clear ways of working with key departments
- Develop consistent SEO reporting, analytics and insights to support the strategy, and use performance data to identify opportunities to improve our approach
- Work closely with technology on SEO web and CMS development, and place an SEO focus at the heart of product development and the development of strategic growth areas
- Provide strategic guidance and set targets for the substantial team of cross-business SEO experts
- Manage the Head of Editorial SEO, who develops live and evergreen SEO editorial publishing strategies around the newsroom, optimising performance in the short and long term
- Manage the Head of Commerce SEO, who oversees performance for commerce content and initiatives, ensuring key targets are met
- Manage the relationship with our external agency to provide support for all the activities above
- A strategic leader with a proven track record of successfully managing teams.
- Extensive experience leading and developing teams.
- Experience building strong relationships with decision makers at all levels, working in collaboration is key.
- Expertise of SEO strategy and the SEO industry.
- Expertise in on-page and technical SEO.
- Have an analytical and an audience led mindset.
- Experience working within a media business.
- Driven and determined leader, who has the ability to form a partnership vision and influence at all levels.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
The successful candidate will be provided with training on all tools and reports required for the role.
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Telegraph Media Group, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We believe in equality of opportunity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer as part of the government’s Disability Confident Scheme. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition and would like support in applying for any of our roles or if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
To find out more about Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Telegraph Media Group, and for more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.