SEO Manager - Commerce
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Organic traffic is key to the success of our product-led content to convert readers into shoppers across multiple verticals. We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter who understands the important role search engines and publishers play in the user journey of online shoppers.
As an SEO Manager within Commerce you will support the Head of Performance Marketing to administer our SEO strategy for multiple areas of Commerce where required (including, but not limited to, Sports, Travel, Betting, Affiliates and Finance) and report back on the performance of the live initiatives. An example of our product-led content predominantly sits within Telegraph Recommended.
The Performance Marketing team is a central resource across the Commerce business, providing support, insight and expertise in digital marketing. In this role you will work closely with a number of verticals and business units, including the Affiliate Partnerships, Travel, Editorial and / or Product teams.
- Work with vertical leads to create a product led SEO strategy designed to increase revenue traffic and rankings
- Create a clear content strategy and brief in to writers (both internal and external)
- Collate these two into a clear road-map to be presented to senior stakeholders
- Work closely with Execs and Affiliate / Trading Managers to understand ranking fluctuations and opportunities
- Work closely with the Analyst and Optimisation Manager to identify conversion rate and reporting issues and opportunities
- Closely analysing data around ranking, visibility, traffic and conversions with a view to proactively identify and improve on opportunities
- Producing or supporting verticals and Execs with keyword research for new or existing topics that have affiliate or lead generation revenue potential.
- Write clear briefs in a formulaic style that can be easily followed by writers with varying SEO knowledge.
- Manage, maintain and improve processes including internal linking and tech / product led SEO
- Work with the Exec(s) to create competitor analysis reports, condensing and presenting to senior stakeholders
- Event-based SEO strategies - E.g. Black Friday, Amazon Prime Day etc
- Provide additional support during these high pressure events like Black Friday.
- Collaborate with other SEO teams across the company, taking meetings and proactively identifying opportunities on the technical and on-page side of SEO.
- Provide accurate and insightful live and post-performance analysis to stakeholders.
- Proven professional experience in SEO - primarily proficient in on-page, but having a good understanding of technical, CRO and content best practice
- Experience delivering strategic presentations to senior stakeholders
- Experience using Google Search Console and analytical tools and platforms.
- Excellent problem solving skills - an inquisitive mind
- Good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Numerate and fluent in aggregating and analysing core campaign performance metrics.
- Drive, enthusiasm and determination.
- Independent individual contributor and collaborative team player.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
The successful candidate will be provided with training on all tools and reports required for the role.
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds. Our organisation is on a continuous journey to achieve this sense of belonging, with focused inclusion policies, training, and internal networks. We believe it’s not only the right thing to do but that there’s a strong business case to support it. Because if you feel you belong, you’ll feel more comfortable, so you’ll be more likely to achieve your best.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.