Senior HR Functional Analyst
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About The Telegraph
The Telegraph is an award-winning, multimedia news brand synonymous with quality, credibility and authority for more than 160 years.
We are renowned for the analysis, perspective, opinion and insight our journalism provides to a discerning audience. Every day the content we create sets the news agenda, sparking debate and provoking comment.
Our vision, with quality journalism at the heart, is to pioneer new ways to serve 10 million registered users and 1 million subscribers. We’ll achieve this with a constant focus on our journalism, and by using the data and understanding we have of The Telegraph’s audience to successfully grow our revenue streams from subscriptions to advertising, travel, events, and financial services.
We want to capture the diversity of thought through our people, create inclusive working environments that allow everyone to be their authentic selves at work while creating a sense of belonging to ensure we have the highest performing teams.
About the Role
This Senior HR Functional Analyst is an exciting new role under the guidance of the Head of Business Systems, which will provide business analysis, implementation and support expertise across all HR systems at TMG. This includes the delivery of a two-year programme of transformation in this area that will replace the many different HR systems in use at TMG with a single SaaS solution.
In this role, you’ll act as a core part of the Business Systems team liaising between HR SMEs, technology SMEs, other analysts and 3rd parties to design, deliver and support HR systems.
You’ll provide thought leadership, balance business priorities and be well-placed to contribute to the overall transformation programme in this area.
It is a very exciting time to be joining this recently formed team as it provides the opportunity to make a real difference to the way the delivery and management of HR systems at TMG takes shape.
- Joint responsibility for functional set-up of the system(s)
- Act as the joint functional lead on the HR system implementation, working closely with the implementation partner
- Investigate, advise and implement added functionality; either from new product enhancements or functionality requirements from HR users
- Drafting and agreeing functional specifications
- Advise the business on functional best practice, system and process improvements
- Monitor best practices to ensure adherence to procedures
- Advise the team on support and configuration best practices
- Provide system functional improvement suggestions to improve business processes
- Control & resolution of user/system issues
- Creation and ongoing maintenance of system documentation, team knowledge base articles, user guides and standard answers
- Lead and coordinate system enhancements with various 3rd parties
- Provide end user support following the successful completion of the HR Transformation Project
- Experienced individual that has worked across HR Business Operations including Reward (Compensation) and has a detailed knowledge of the complete “Hire to Retire” process
- Demonstrable experience of owning whole or part of the functional solution of a HR system, either as the Functional Lead or Product Owner
- Extensive experience of SaaS HR solutions, in particular Ceridian DayForce
- Functional knowledge of implementing SaaS HR modules as above with experience of multiple full lifecycle implementations
- Hands-on experience of systems administration for a SaaS HR system
- Ability to devise functional specifications and test plans, as well as conduct system performance and load tests
- Ability to build good relationships with end users, and ability to engage with stakeholders to find solutions to business problems related to the SaaS HR system as well as other peripheral HR systems
- Ability to conduct user workshops (CRP/UAT), and train end users on system functionality including the documentation related user guides
- Ability to lead, own and manage 3rd party supplier resources to deliver new functionality / improvements and support
- Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders to identify and prioritise system improvements
- Extensive troubleshooting and communication skill, with high level of oral & written presentation skills
- Ability to work with technical teams to design extensions to the existing functionality
- Hands-on experience of other related HR systems is desirable
- HR qualification
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave and enhanced paternity/partner leave), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Telegraph Media Group, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We believe in equality of opportunity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer as part of the government’s Disability Confident Scheme. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition and would like support in applying for any of our roles or if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
To find out more about Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Telegraph Media Group, and for more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.