Senior Advertising Analyst
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are now looking for a Senior Analyst to provide proactive business intelligence and analytical support to enable us to meet our commercial priorities & objectives through efficient, meaningful and actionable insights to the commercial digital teams.
- Support yield strategies across digital & Ozone partnership. Coordinate with finance & digital sales/innovation leads to access and execute our digital ad inventory strategy and modelling.
- Provide, in a timely manner, consulting and analytical services across the digital commercial estate. Translate complex data structures into commercial insights to the leadership team and the various business units.
- Respond to ad hoc data requests and conduct analysis to provide valuable insights to partner groups including sales, product, operations and finance.
- Produce and manage the execution of daily, monthly and quarterly reports as well as dashboards to monitor business performance.
- Provide commercial support to the commercial analytics team for the automation of our data structures to provide single sources of truth across our data (digital, print, syndication, commerce).
- Support finance on the development of supply forecasting models and yield/price assumptions during budget processes.
- Implement and action roadmaps for improving workflows and processes, and establish and organise KPIs in line with leadership objectives. Participate in regular meetings to assess and address issues to identify and implement improvements in our data operations.
- Considerable experience working in commercial pricing and/or yield management in the online space.
- Experience working within programmatic advertising and a strong understanding of industry trends/levers
- Excellent analytical skills – able to compile reports and transformative analysis, identify patterns and build a consultancy style level of insights to drive change.
- Strong level of business acumen.
- Excellent communication skills and experience dealing with senior management
- Comfortable in working in a dynamic, high-pressured environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective team player – able to build relationships & foster teamwork within and across multiple teams.
- Successful at working within and across multiple cultures.
- Strong SQL knowledge is required.
- Excellent knowledge of Office Tools (Excel and PowerPoint) is a must.
- Strong knowledge of BI & Analytical Tools (ie. Tableau, Business Objects, Adobe Analytics, Microstrategy) is required.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave and enhanced paternity/partner leave), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Telegraph Media Group, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We believe in equality of opportunity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer as part of the government’s Disability Confident Scheme. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition and would like support in applying for any of our roles or if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
To find out more about Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Telegraph Media Group, and for more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.