Senior SEO Executive - Commerce
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Organic traffic is key to the success of our product-led content to convert readers into shoppers across multiple verticals. We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter who understands the important role search engines and publishers play in the user journey of online shoppers.
As a Senior SEO Executive within Commerce you will support the Head of Performance Marketing and SEO Managers in administering our SEO strategy for multiple areas of Commerce where required (including, but not limited to, Sports, Travel, Betting, Affiliates and Finance) and report back on the performance of the live initiatives. An example of our product-led content predominantly sits within Telegraph Recommended.
The Performance Marketing team is a central resource across the Commerce business, providing support, insight and expertise in digital marketing. In this role, you will work closely with a number of verticals and business units, including the Affiliate Partnerships, Travel, Editorial and Product teams.
- Work with vertical leads and SEO Manager(s) to create a product-led SEO strategy designed to increase revenue traffic and rankings
- Support in creating a clear content strategy and brief writers (both internal and external)
- Lead on reporting for your business areas and work closely with other Execs and Affiliate / Trading Managers to understand ranking fluctuations and opportunities
- Work closely with the Analyst and Optimisation Manager to identify conversion rate and reporting issues and opportunities
- Closely analysing data around ranking, visibility, traffic and conversions with a view to proactively identify and improve on opportunities
- Producing keyword research for new or existing topics that have affiliate or lead generation revenue potential.
- Write clear briefs in a formulaic style that can be easily followed by writers with varying SEO knowledge.
- Manage, maintain and improve processes including internal linking and tech / product-led SEO
- Work with the other Exec(s) and Managers to create competitor analysis reports, condensing and presenting to senior stakeholders
- Event-based SEO strategies - E.g. Black Friday, Amazon Prime Day etc
- Collaborate with other SEO teams across the company, taking meetings and proactively identifying opportunities on SEO's technical and on-page side.
- Provide accurate and insightful live and post-performance analysis to stakeholders.
- Proven professional experience in SEO - primarily proficient in on-page, but having a good understanding of technical and content best practice
- Experience delivering strategic presentations to senior stakeholders
- Experience using Google Search Console and analytical tools and platforms.
- Excellent problem-solving skills - a curious mind
- Good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Numerate and fluent in aggregating and analysing core campaign performance metrics.
- Drive, enthusiasm and determination.
- Independent individual contributor and collaborative team player.
- Proactive worker
- Organised, professional and resilient - don’t be afraid of trying things that don’t wor
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave and enhanced paternity/partner leave), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Telegraph Media Group, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We believe in equality of opportunity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer as part of the government’s Disability Confident Scheme. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition and would like support in applying for any of our roles or if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
To find out more about Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Telegraph Media Group, and for more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.