Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Credit Controller to join our Accounts Receivable team within our Finance Department where you will be managing small media, enterprise and other non-agency accounts efficiently and effectively, ensuring customers adhere to terms and keep queries to a minimum.
This person must be proactive, decisive and tenacious strong collections & credit control ability.
- Influencing, negotiating and communicating regularly with accounts on debt, payments and queries.
- Building rapport and relationships with customer base.
- Working in a highly organised and efficient manner to enable prompt collections and minimising queries.
- Be able to handle and reconcile accounts.
- Ability to support during audits and other general tasks.
- Management of debtor resolution and billing queries
- Build & maintain strong working relationships with key internal & external contacts
- Ensuring processes follow standard audit policies & procedures
- Ensuring processes are in line with agreed financial timetables
- Follow up and escalation of important invoicing or debtors queries through to quick resolution
- Follow up and escalation of important invoicing or debtors issues to Senior Controllers or Management.
- Run and send monthly statements in accordance with customer needs.
- Resolve queries quickly and efficiently
- Maintaining Know Your Customer (KYC) and other relevant customer activity sheets.
- A basic understanding of Cash Flows and importance of debt plotting.
- Previous Credit Control experience within a busy credit control team
- Excellent client care skills are vital in developing and maintaining client relationships
- Organised, efficient and attention to detail
- Problem solving skills with the ability to self manage and achieve strict deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced organisation.
- Strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft office as well as excellent written and communication skills. A high standard of numeracy and accuracy
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave and enhanced paternity/partner leave), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Telegraph Media Group, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We believe in equality of opportunity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic background, religion and/or belief.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer as part of the government’s Disability Confident Scheme. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition and would like support in applying for any of our roles or if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
To find out more about Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Telegraph Media Group, and for more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.