Deputy Senior Finance Business Partner
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Finance team as Deputy Senior Finance BP as number 2 to the Senior FBP where you'll support the whole of the COO organisation, specifically covering Technology and Services. You'll also have line of sight over Print Revenue and Newspaper Operations. As Deputy Senior FBP you'll be providing financial support, analysis and guidance to both the business and the finance team and supports all aspects of financial analysis and management. The BP is hands-on with monthly balance sheet reconciliations and actively engaged with problem-solving.
- Lead all monthly close and reporting requirements for the Technology and Services divisions in accordance with Group requirements, delivering a comprehensive monthly management accounts pack in accordance with FRS 102
- Prepare analysis of movements/variances in the financial accounts and produce an in-depth analytical review of key P&L and balance sheet items
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations of a complex nature, setting the standard and ensuring detailed reviews are taken place
- Ensure costs are captured in accordance with stated policies and internal guidelines
- Budget and Forecast balance sheet movements to assist with cashflow management
- Support Senior BP in managing P&L, balance sheet & cashflow on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis as relevant
- Own day to day P&L and balance sheet reporting and review, ensuring accuracy, integrity of data, solid reporting and analysis in accordance with strict timetable
- Own all aspects of CAPEX reporting internally, working with Financial Control to ensure external reporting requirements are met
- Review all CAPEX requests to ensure compliance with latest IFRIC guidance on SAAS platform
- Effective Business Partner to the relevant department heads/budget holders, providing both support and challenge on the numbers. Ensure stated strategy is reflected in the financial plans from both a short and long term perspective
- Provide commercial financial support, partnering and risk management to the dedicated areas of the business - relating to weekly and monthly reporting, planning, budgeting and forecasting, KPI’s
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Support Senior BP in producing quarterly forecasts and annual budget in accordance with strict deadlines and group controlled guidelines.
- Provide information and analysis on cost and revenue trends,
- Line management of two Management Accountants, one in Technology and one in Services
- Manage and develop staff, ensuring best practice is in place, objectives are set and reviewed and team is encouraged to develop
- Provide timely support to financial and circulation auditors as required
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across the business, both with financial and non-financial partners.
- Strong modelling & Excel skills
- Proven experience of performing Balance Sheet reconciliations of a complex nature
- Proactive approach to work and problem solving
- Experience with CAPEX required
- Qualified accountant
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave and enhanced paternity/partner leave), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Telegraph Media Group, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We believe in equality of opportunity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer as part of the government’s Disability Confident Scheme. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition and would like support in applying for any of our roles or if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
To find out more about Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Telegraph Media Group, and for more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.