Senior Credit Controller
Job Type: Full time
Senior Credit Controller
Hours: Full time
Job Profile: Entry Professional
Salary/annum: Min £23,153 - Max £36,464
Reference number: 76/23
Closing Date: 5 June 2023
Note: Candidates may be offered and interviewed prior to the closing date but the role will be open for a minimum of seven days, we advise you to apply for this position as early as possible in the recruitment process before the closing date
Description of role:
As the Senior Credit Controller, as part of a dynamic and experienced team, you will support the UK based operations bringing your skills, knowledge and experience in supporting the accounts receivable team for an international group;
This position would suit someone who is happy with an accounts receivable processing and credit control split as the position has an administrative focus alongside proactive credit control contacting:
- Liaise with external and internal clients to progress prompt payment of Export invoices, in line with collection targets
- Resolve customer queries, by developing innovative solutions and escalating as necessary
- Processing, posting and allocation of payments accurately
- Report problem debts with recommended actions
- Maintain an accurate record of all client arrangements on non-standard terms, using our systems to capture all records appropriately
- Assist with tax queries from external tax advisors to finalise yearly corporation tax returns
- Produce regular reports and management information, including analysis of aged debtors, cash forecasting detail and customer statements
- Managing the reporting of key performance indicators for the team, and providing management with insightful and innovative reporting to accurate indicate team performance
- Ownership of the accounting system and integrity of data within the system, performed through detailed review of control reports
- Reviewing the unallocated accounts, and resolving all unknown transactions
- Supporting the audit function, in providing timeous information to external/internal auditors as required
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required by management
Skills and Experience
- Studying or working to completion of AAT level 4
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP is essential
- Prior experience in a credit control position
- Highly motivated and pro-active self-starter who has demonstrable ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Friendly professional manner, comfortable communicating with peers, other departments and external stakeholders
- Inquisitive nature, keen problem solver
This position may require regular travel both in the UK and abroad.
TWI Ltd is a world expert in engineering, materials and joining technologies with significant property assets. We provide industry with advice and know-how in design, fabrication, failure analysis and prevention.
We offer opportunities to collaborate with inspiring and expert teams and a supportive environment in which you are actively encouraged to share your ideas and continually develop your own skills and knowledge.
If you are looking to join an organisation that is fuelled by innovation, teamwork, and openness, this role could be for you.
TWI Ltd is committed to treating all employees fairly and to being an inclusive employer. Our aim is to create a work environment where our employees can reach their full potential. We put Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at the heart of our people practices to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
We recognise that it’s the differences of our people that gives us our competitive edge and enables us to maintain our world leading reputation. This is why we are committed to ensuring there is diversity across every level of our organisation; representative of the Members and societies we serve. We have made Inclusion our number one corporate value to demonstrate our commitment to ensure it is at the core of everything we do at TWI.
Why work for TWI?
We offer a competitive salary, share-in-success bonus scheme, generous pension scheme (both employee contribution (flexible amount) and TWI contribution (up to 10% of salary), holiday (25 days + 8 bank holiday’s), private health and dental cover, career development and training, onsite employee restaurant, onsite gym, day nursery available for companies on Granta Park (Cambridge) site (subject to availability), onsite parking and more.
We know that balancing work and personal life can at times be challenging. This is why we continue to review and implement family friendly policies including hybrid working, flexible working, enhanced maternity pay and paid parental leave.
For further details, please click on the Job Description link below:
As one of the world’s leading independent research and technology organisations, we are committed to attracting, motivating and retaining the best talent from around the world. Our goal is to develop the next generation of experts to address future industry challenges.
We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and respects the differences between people while valuing the contribution everyone makes to TWI.
We recognise the diversity of our staff and students makes a positive and important contribution to our continuing success.
TWI offers a comprehensive training programme, incorporating both in-house and external courses to support staff development.
Building effective working relationships, we accomplish more together
Innovation and Expertise
Championing new ideas and sharing knowledge with each other
Achieving our objectives and personal development
Building trusting relationships with our customers
Accepting and engaging positively with change
Valuing the contribution from every individual, creating value for our customers