Associate Director Clinical Research
Location: Jefferson County, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
Job Title: Associate Director Clinical Research
Introduction to role:
Join our Biopharmaceuticals R&D team as an Associate Director Clinical Research (ADCR). In this role, you will be responsible for delivering the committed part of all clinical interventional studies under your supervision. You will ensure compliance with AZ Procedural Documents, international guidelines such as ICH-GCP, and relevant local regulations. As an ADCR, you will also manage dedicated group(s) of staff such as Clinical Research Associates (CRAs) and/or Clinical Study Administrators (CSAs), planning and utilizing staff resources, setting objectives, and following up on performance.
As an ADCR, you will lead your dedicated group, building team spirit and developing team style and behavior. You will ensure adequate resources for the studies assigned and that the workload of direct reports is adequate. You will be responsible for the development and performance management of direct reports, ensuring that they have development and training plans according to the IDP process. You will also contribute to efficient SMM organization and its functioning at the country level by working closely with the responsible (Senior) Director, Country Head.
- Bachelor degree in related discipline, preferably in life science, or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Development Operations (CRA / SrCRA / LSAD) or other related fields.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage change with a positive approach for self, team, and business.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, influencing, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Good ability to learn and adapt to work with IT systems.
- Ability for national travel, if applicable.
- Good knowledge of the Clinical Study Process and international ICH-GCP guidelines.
- Excellent knowledge of the Monitoring Process.
- Good understanding of the Study Drug Handling Process and the Data Management Process.
- Good knowledge of relevant local and international regulations.
- Good medical knowledge and ability to learn relevant AZ Therapeutic Areas.
- Ability to deliver quality according to the requested standards.
- Ability to work in an environment of remote collaborators.
- Integrity and high ethical standards.
- Good resource management skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
At AstraZeneca, we follow the science to explore and innovate. We are committed to making a difference by fusing data and technology with the latest scientific innovations to achieve the next wave of breakthroughs. We offer an inclusive environment where we work seamlessly as one. We unite the best from academia, biotechs, and the industry to create the greatest and swiftest impact on disease. If you are passionate about science and want to be part of a team that makes a bigger impact on patients' lives, then there's no better place to be.
Ready to embrace new opportunities to develop and learn? Join us at AstraZeneca!