Head of Channel Operations
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
The Head of Channel Operations is a key leadership role in our sales operations organization. In this role, you will support the growth and continued expansion of our partner ecosystem, enabling partners to accelerate Atlassian's growth through solution-led engagements, consulting/services, and local market engagement with our customers.
We are looking for a a senior-level business partner, with a proven track record of designing, building and running day-to-day operations and executing on large scale projects. This role is accountable for end-to-end project lifecycle support, from requirements gathering through to post-release support, and everything in between. Your team plays an integral role in developing and ensuring the successful delivery of our Channel project portfolio, and also runs the day-to-day operations for Channel back-office processes and support.
Atlassian is a dynamic, fast-changing, high-growth environment, and our Channel Operations team plays an integral role supporting that growth. We are looking for an equally dynamic leader to help lead the team and support the continued evolution of our channel sales model.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Manage a globally distributed team of business process analysts and a back-office operations team supporting Atlassian's Channel organization
- Mentor, lead, teach, collaborate and inspire a talented and growing operations team
- Share and apply your years of channel sales experience and wisdom to the many channel sales growth opportunities at Atlassian
- Partner with our channel leaders to drive partner success programs that accelerate the time to value for new partners
- Understand Atlassian's Channel programs, its requirements and benefits, and ensure effective support of those programs and compliance measurement
- Manage day-to-day operations of our channel programs and tools, including service desk support for internal and external stakeholders
- Review Sales Operations and Channel key priorities, assess business impact of projects and required investment, and prioritize implementation
- Contribute to the support and operationalization of the channel strategy through continual improvements to process, systems, and tools supporting our various channel routes to market
- Implement tools and processes that focuses on improving efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity for both internal stakeholders and our partners
- Identify and execute on opportunities for process automation and optimization, with a focus on scalability and driving sales growth through our partners
- Collaborate with our Channel leadership team and Partner managers for roadmap planning and prioritization
- Collaborate with reporting and analytics teams to ensure we are tracking the right metrics for the business to measure/monitor the health and effectiveness of partners, programs, products and specific routes to market
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in partner program management, channel operations, partner sales programs, channel sales or channel marketing related roles
- Leadership experience, including directly managing and growing a team
- Experience working within a matrix org, solving problems and influencing cross-functional teams
- Strong operational skills, with the ability to balance project and support needs
- Data-centric and analytical with fine attention to detail, but can also see the bigger picture
- Experience with 1 and 2-tier channel distribution models
- Experience with Salesforce, Partner Communities or other PRM solutions
- Experience with partner program design, including incentive tools and frameworks
- Experience with EDI or similar protocols for order and data exchange with partners
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!