Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Principal Engineer, BYOK Enterprise Trust
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
To help our teams work together, you will work a schedule that is centered around the Pacific Timezone (PST).
Your future team
The BYOK (Bring Your Own Key encryption) team is an important part of Atlassian's enterprise trust strategy. We are solving some of the gnarliest problems in Atlassian's data encryption space. Working with a multi-discipline team, you will help us achieve BYOK encryption of customer data everywhere it is stored in Atlassian products, designing scalable company wide solutions. You'll report to the manager of the BYOK team to lead the program of work.
We are a team that is passionate about technology and our product, but also care about team health and belonging! Belong to a direct engineering team, while creating a roadmap to influence the direction of a range of others.
What you'll do:
- Develop components and systems from the ground up - from gathering requirements to operations
- Design reliable low latency platform components for per tenant encryption
- Work across breadth and depth of Atlassian data infrastructure to achieve BYOK with our partners
- Define long-term vision working with your team to turn the vision into roadmap
- Mentor and lead other engineers
- Become known as a subject matter expert across the company concerning BYOK
- Lead operational and on-call fires when they occur
- 7 or more years of experience building backend systems
- Built scalable and performant micro-services on-top of a public cloud (AWS is ideal)
- Knowledge with cloud data stores and their tradeoffs
- 2+ years of technical leadership on large cross team projects
- Comfortable in architecture related interactions with customers and customer-facing teams
- Planned and estimated scope for multi-quarter technical projects
- Established architectural designs that impact and span multiple systems
- Encryption knowledge is desirable but not required
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $187,500 - 287,500
Zone B: $168,700 - 258,800
Zone C: $155,600 - 238,700
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.