Program Manager, Cloud Migrations Management
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Cloud Migrations is Atlassian's top goal. We are committed to helping our valuable customers complete the migrations of the Atlassian products from on-premise environment to Atlassian Cloud. These are highly complex projects that need thorough discovery, planning, preparation, testing before taking up the production migrations. We have a team of Cloud Migrations Managers(CMM) and Migrations Support Engineers (MSE) helping our enterprise customers learn about migration options and optimally plan and execute on migrating their Atlassian software instance from their on-premises environment to the Atlassian cloud.
The Program Manager, Cloud Migrations Management is a post sales role within the Customer Support Services (CSS) team, whose core function is to ensure successful completion of highly complex/escalated large scale Server to Cloud migrations. This role collaborates actively with Cloud Migrations Managers, Migration Support Engineers, Escalation Managers, Business Lead within Customer Support Services and also with other cross functional teams (Product, Engineering, SRE, Pre-Sales, Customer Success). They coordinate proactive and reactive escalation efforts, maintain team morale and manage resources while maintaining oversight and accountability across the entire migrations journeys.
The Program Manager, Cloud Migrations Management is supplemental to core Migrations support roles such as Cloud Migration Manager (CMM), Migrations Support Engineer (MSE), Escalation Manager, Technical Account Manager (TAM), Customer Success Manager (CSM), Solutions Engineer (SE).
- Responsible for planning and coordinating activities outside of BAU of CMM or TAM scope
- Proactively monitor large/complex migrations and performs health checks to ensure risk is being mitigated where necessary
- Responsible for communicating updates/asks and escalations to Atlassian Executive Sponsors, Customer Support, Customer Success leadership and coordinate with Mission Control Program Manager to documentation and updates.
- Responsible for effectively overseeing escalation management engagement (across apps, cloud scale/performance, migration tooling and migration strategy)
- Ensure the closure and follow through on HOT incidents
- Responsible for driving core Migrations account team as well as coordinating with Product, Platform and Migrations leadership to prevent blockers and escalations by removing risks, clear blockers and share updates and learning across the highest levels of the organization with the goal to improve repeatability/standardisation.
- Establish continuous process improvement cycles where the process, performance, activities, roles and responsibilities, policies, procedures and supporting technology is reviewed and enhanced where applicable.
- Own end to end coordination of cloud architecture, cloud performance and scale blockers
- Own end to end coordination of migration efforts and blockers (logistics, consulting, tech skills and escalation leadership)
- Provide inputs/learnings and experiences (product, tooling, processes, partners etc) help catalog them to create relevant play books or enhance existing plays with the goal to help future migrations planning/predictability
- Coordinate with key roles like Business Lead, Escalation Manager, Content Manager, CSM, TAM, Infra, Services teams to gather/share critical information.
- Serve as the voice of the customer internally and drive insights that will craft product strategy and improve our customer support processes
On the first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 10+ years experience in a strategic customer-facing role within either customer support, customer success, solution engineering, a migration-specific department, or other related function;
- 4+ years of Project management experience
- Proven strategic account management skills
- Ability to build partnership and influence cross functional senior leaders to drive immediate change as well as longer term road map changes.
- Is an expert in SaaS, understands the cloud architecture as a whole
- Ability to coach/mentor
- Strong communication skills as well as a natural propensity for public speaking and experience with leading C-level conversations;
- Ability to ask compelling/ leading questions, uncover common customer themes, and lead technical planning and project planning;
- Escalation management and Escalation avoidance
- Ability to build presentations, write content, and present to large audiences;
- Broad experience working with Enterprise level customers, comfort in navigating a large organization
- Empathy for customer anxiety and experience in helping customers deal with change management within their organization;
- Ability to prioritize quickly and optimize processes and tools to reduce inefficiencies;
It's phenomenal, but not required if you have:
- Atlassian product knowledge or experience in building and supporting migrations related projects in the past;
- Technical ability to navigate and solution for complex discussions on various deployment/migration options across self-hosted, cloud, and hybrid deployment options;
- Ability to establish a vision and guide other Atlassian teams (solution marketing, product).
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!