Business Operations Lead, Central Business Operations
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is seeking a Business Operations Lead to partner with the Head of Central Business Operations as the key operating arm driving Atlassian’s central strategy, operational planning and business reviews engine. In this role you will collaborate with cross-functional teams at Atlassian to run a well oiled operating engine.
You will be a part of a team known for rigorous operational planning, execution and review. This team will be instrumental in paving the way forward for Atlassian to achieve scale that few software companies have realized: $10bn in revenue, 100m in MAU. We think long-term as a company and want you to challenge us on how to drive towards these long-term goals and accomplishing our mission.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Design and execute key operational processes to crystallize long range planning into short and medium term plans and measure the plan outcomes
- Own and drive weekly, monthly and quarterly business reviews (as appropriate) which clearly inform executive team of progress against operational plan and health of key input and output drivers of the business
- Manage the processes which tie company strategy and priorities to actionable & measurable goals, plans, outcomes, and continually refine the process to cater to the evolving needs of the business
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 8+ years experience in high growth SW / tech industry in biz ops/finance roles and/or consulting, investment banking roles
- Strong background and experience in running and refining executive business reviews in collaboration with finance org
- Proven track record of running operational processes like Planning, OKRs, resource allocation etc.
- Strong leadership and communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong project management skills with high attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills - ability to analyze data, derive key insights and diagnose business issues
- Passion for learning and innovation - build new methodologies, systems and techniques to tackle growing business needs
More about our team
The Business Operations team is a high-impact and visible team that works closely with product & business leaders across the company. Atlassian is at a pivotal moment in our trajectory as a company. We see our potential to grow into both a $10bn+ revenue software industry leader. We make decisions through our values, and take an agile, iterative, and open approach to each decision we make. We are passionate about our mission, to unleash the potential of any team, and the potential for positive impact realizing that mission can have for users and customers.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!