Principal Technical Program Manager - Disaster Recovery
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian's mission of "Unleash the potential of every team" is the guiding light behind everything we do. We have developed well-known products (Jira, Confluence, Trello etc …), that fit in the fabric of teamwork across different types of teams, and the processes to help every team succeed. Our Team Playbook includes some of the best practices to maximize the potential of every team and is used by our customers as well as those who have never used Atlassian products.
We're growing our Engineering Program Management team within our Engineering org. The mission of our team is to work across Engineering to drive the execution of Cloud Engineering's technical strategy, with greater velocity, and more predictable outcomes for our customers. This team will work closely with the engineering leadership team to ensure that strategic technical initiatives are successful and standards are derived from those initiatives to help the company scale. The members of the organization will be key participants in influencing the technical strategy and aligning it with the business objectives and delivering outcomes towards those objectives and strategy.
You will have the opportunity to shape a modern technical program management organization. The goal will be to steer the organization through growth and improve the velocity in the journey towards our long-term goals. It is easy to ensure alignment by applying brakes and slowing down and you will be expected to find ways to align while accelerating. The role offers a unique challenge of finding alignment by creating guardrails and removing barriers to make our teams go even faster.
As a cloud service provider, we build resilience into our systems to ensure service and data availability for our customers in the event of failures in system components. However, even the best systems have to have a disaster recovery plan. This role will serve as a single-point technical owner for disaster recovery processes, tools and technology within the company. The role owns definition of disaster scenarios and corresponding recovery point objectives. The role collaborates with functions across the company to create reliable and cost-effective disaster recovery solutions for all of our cloud products.
Successful candidates will have a solid track record of program, project and product management and will have demonstrated excellent leadership, along with superior organizational and communication skills in leading teams and programs to deliver successful outcomes. In addition, the right candidate will possess learning agility to learn and understand business strategy, product direction and technical architecture, so they can make decisions to accelerate initiatives at any level of depth.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of leadership experience on software teams as a development manager or TPM
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience product managing infrastructure products
- Experience with multi-tenant SaaS on public cloud using AWS
- Experience with business disaster or related business continuity governance
- Experience leading projects spanning multiple teams, covering all of the following
- - Developing company-level engineering roadmaps
- - Accountable for creating and driving company-wide disaster recovery metrics & standards
- - Building and maintaining disaster recovery operational processes
- - Making critical and timely decisions to keep programs on track
- - Tracking and managing enterprise risks
- - Communication to stakeholders
- Experience operating a large fleet of cloud resources
- Experience with agile software development processes
- Ability to exercise technical judgment in solving software engineering challenges.
- Experience in software development in one or more general-purpose programming languages
- Experience with agile processes
- Experience building tools, dashboards and automation to increase transparency and reduce toil
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!