Principal Architect, Enterprise
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
In this role as a Principal Enterprise Architect, you will be working across the Data and Cloud Infrastructure (DCI) organization which serves the following mission-critical functions for the whole company:
- Core Infrastructure served as PaaS on top of AWS (Compute, Network, Storage)
- Development Lifecycle tooling and frameworks: from local dev to CI/CD to production deployments
- Production Management tooling, including Observability, Incident Management etc
- Production engineering in the form of dedicated SRE as well as CRE
- Analytical Data Platform which includes data lake, data ingestion/modeling/transformation tooling and frameworks as well as the query layer
- Platforms for specific use cases: Machine Learning & AI, Measurement & Experimentation, Metrics
- Dashboards and Insights (Reliability, Cost of Capacity, S&C, Developer Productivity scorecards)
As an architect of a large organization, you will be providing strategic guidance to various DCI domain areas and driving improvements across all our pillars: Developer Velocity, Reliability & Performance, Efficiency, Data Operability & Enablement.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- defining multi-region story
- container deployment/orchestration & routing evolution, service portability and workload placement rules etc.
- driving Infrastructure security & compliance
- Evolving Atlassian's outage mitigation and root causing practices, anomaly detection and fault tolerance aids to the industry-leading standards
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- Strong technical expertise and 15+ years of experience in designing/building Compute & Network PaaS solutions, preferably on top of cloud IaaSFluency in the current service mesh, container orchestration, observability landscape
- Passion for software engineering excellence (design principles and patterns, unit testing, fault tolerance practices, performance engineering, best practices for security and privacy etc)
- Passion and aptitude for recognizing, raising, and reconciling gaps and redundant efforts across organizations
- Excellent collaboration, communication and leadership skills. Ability to get engineers to follow their lead as well as mentor/coach
- High level of energy and a desire to thrive in a large, fast-paced organization; ability to balance multiple projects under pressure
It’s great, but not required if you have:
- In-depth knowledge of AWS account management, networking, container orchestration, fault tolerance tools etc is super useful for this role but not necessary
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Experience building service mesh, container orchestration and observability solutions is a plus
- Neutral to startup experience - all depends on the personality
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!