Product Advocate Team Lead
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Show that gap who’s boss!
Women are 16% less likely than men to apply to a job once they’ve viewed it, but are 16% more likely to get hired after applying to a job.*
*LinkedIn Talent Solutions Gender Insights Report 2019
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
At Atlassian, we are on a mission to reinvent B2B selling. We know that classic high-pressure B2B sales tactics don't work anymore. We have built a billion-dollar, fast-growing business without any of those tactics, based on high-quality products, free trials, and an intense focus on customer satisfaction. Those happy customers convert to paying customers, creating a "Flywheel" that has delivered 220,000+ customers to date.
Your future team
Our Product Advocate team, specifically dedicated to our SMB customers, comes into play during the pre-sales evaluation journey and serves as the subject matter experts to help connect our product solutions with customers' needs. We inspire trial activations and purchases by supporting customers with recommendations and resources based on our deep product knowledge of features and functionalities. As the ultimate mission of our team is to provide the best customer support, our success metrics are built to reflect this. Responding to customers promptly and capturing their satisfaction with our response are the two biggest ways we measure success. We rely on our products and our knowledgeable team of Product Advocates to influence sales, and we need a passionate leader to help oversee and encourage that success.
About the role
We are looking for a positive, forward-thinking team lead with an innate ability to drive change, empower others to do their best work, and build cross-functional relationships with internal stakeholders to ultimately increase satisfaction for our SMB customers. Success for this role will be measured by the accuracy, reliability, and timeliness of the team’s provided solutions and the customer’s overall satisfaction during their support experience.
What you'll do:
- Report to the Growth Customer Advocate Global Lead
- Hire, train, and grow a team of subject matter experts with 7 direct reports
- Provide weekly 1x1 coaching, monthly metrics review, and quarterly performance feedback
- Inspire prompt, accurate customer responses from the team and uncover new and better ways to enhance the customer experience
- Build relationships across teams and work collaboratively to lead and delegate projects to improve processes that benefit all parties
- Report team wins and opportunities for improvement based on important data points
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Sales Ops or Field Ops
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Experience with hiring, training, and leading a team of subject matter experts
- Customer-satisfaction driven. Motivated to inspire prompt, accurate customer responses and uncover new and better ways to enhance the customer experience
- Ability to work collaboratively to spearhead and delegate projects to improve processes that benefit all parties
- Analytical storyteller. Motivated to create and present reports that showcase both team wins and opportunities for improvement based on important data points
- Ability to understand, personalize coaching for individual needs, and capture team updates and results in writing.
- Experience working in an agile, always evolving environment
It's nice, but not required, if you have:
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools and the SaaS industry
- Experience managing a team working out of a service request queue and assisting customers with online and phone correspondence
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!