Senior Data Scientist, Product Analytics
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
At Atlassian, our mission is to unleash the potential of every team. Every day, millions of people and thousands of teams use our products including Confluence, Trello, Jira Software and Jira Service Management to collaborate. To reach every team, our future growth goals rely on increasing new customer signups and reducing existing customer churn. You will play an important part in achieving that ambition, using data and analytical insight to better understand our customer funnel and purchase journey, identifying new growth levers and informing future product roadmaps.
What you'll do
- Use standard and advanced analytics techniques on complex and imperfect data to a high analytical standard
- Build trusted relationships across analytics, product and strategy teams.
- Define analytics project plan and complete it, making tradeoff calls based on capacity, effort required and other priorities
- Shape experimentation roadmaps and strategy
- Design A/B tests
- Analyze new cross-product product features with a growth lens
- Identify new opportunities for customer and user growth and retention
- Transform business problems into a set of analytics projects using an appropriate technique, and communicate results in a meaningful story with relevant insights
- Contribute to our team and culture such as contributing to QA reviews, mentorship and brainstorming sessions
- Build stakeholder relationships and understand core problems to direct attention and ensure project align with partner priorities.
- 5+ years of experience working in data analysis, statistics or related fields
- Expertise in SQL (or another data query language) to manipulate large and complicated data for custom and ongoing analyses
- Proficiency in at least one visualization tool (e.g. Tableau, Dash) to share insights
- Proficiency in one of Python or R for data science applications and associated packages
- Project management skills, including project plan execution
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!