DEI Insights Partner
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Perfection not required
Excited about this role, but not sure if you meet 100% of the criteria? Employers would still love to hear from you.
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you get excited about the opportunity to combine DEI with Analytics? Well, we're searching for an experienced and innovative Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Insights Partner to support our goals to make our TEAM work for everyone. We believe in the power of diversity, we aim for nothing short of equity for every Atlassian, and we are committed to a culture where everyone can thrive. In this role, you will be part of a growing team of internal insight consultants and you will work closely with the Head of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to drive forward the structural shifts needed to integrate DEI across everything we do—delivering on our promise of openness to our customers and building the kind of company and world we want to live in.
The DEI Insights Partner is an integral team member of the wider People Team. The role will focus on working closely with the DEI team and stakeholders across HR and the business to understand challenges and opportunities, frame business questions, and define hypotheses to translate into insights and action, working closely with the wider People Insights team to build solutions at scale.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in the field of DEI and have experience in DEI program and strategy measurement and inclusion research, have strong analytical and business acumen and have experience delivering insights to a diverse set of stakeholders. You are a self-starter, eager to learn, focused on impact, and have demonstrated success in building strong partnerships through the delivery of data and insights that drive understanding, progression, and decision-making for large organizations.
In this role you will get to:
- Consult across Atlassian and partner with the broader People Insights team to deliver insights that help us achieve our DEI goals
- Quantify and translate analytics and insights with business and cross-functional partners to guide action plan efforts
- Establish our framework for sharing demographic data, in partnership with DEI, and help apply this framework across programs of work
- Continuously improve our service delivery model, pushing for scalable solutions and providing clarity to partners around expectations for hypotheses testing and impact
- Define metrics/KPIs and provide reporting to show how our DEI strategy is progressing
- Develop research plans and conduct research internally and externally to evolve our DEI strategy
- Work with the DEI team, other Insights Partners, Research, and Data Engineering to deliver scaled insights and self-serve analytics solutions with high visibility
- Partner with Privacy to ensure we are protecting Atlassians data based on the most up-to-date guidance and best practices
- Use data visualization, statistics, and storytelling to answer ad hoc questions
You will be responsible for:
- DEI Analytics Measurement Strategy: You ensure that Atlassian has a rich, data-driven capability for underrepresented groups across the employee lifecycle from sourcing to exit and ensure it is in support of the DEI Strategy. This is inclusive of internal and external reporting.
- Driving DEI Insights: You partner with the broader People Insights team to unleash the power of People Data through the DEI lens and deliver important insights that lead to lasting impact.
- Innovation: You push the boundaries of what is possible in the DEI Analytics space. You have the opportunity to think differently and progressively about DEI insights to help Atlassian design a truly equitable and inclusive environment.
- 8+ years experience in analytics, research, or insights-related work
- 5+ years of experience in the diversity, equity, and inclusion space including DEI strategy, program, and policy experience
- Strong ability to understand the business and use that to navigate through complexity and ambiguity.
- Exceptional problem solver with great communication, critical thinking skills, and experience in using Analytics solutions to solve complex business problems.
- Translate business challenges into technical/analytical solutions for our research and analytics engine
- Ability to work independently and engage with multiple partners across peer groups.
- Consulting (internal/external) experience is necessary, focused on delivering results
- Have an open mindset and focus on customer needs.
- Prior experience working in a complex matrix with a global reach.
About the team
Atlassian is built to be open, inclusive, fair, and just. When we face tough questions about ethics, people, or the planet, we let those principles guide us. Whether you call it corporate social responsibility, corporate citizenship, or sustainability, this is just about being human. The Atlassian Sustainability Team focuses on climate change; diversity, equity, and inclusion; and human rights and ethics. We've made public statements about our commitments to our planet, people, customers, and community. These put a stake in the ground for what we believe (and what we're doing about it). Each year, we build out an annual strategy, focus our impact on specific issue areas, and report on our progress.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!