Head of IT, People & Legal Technology
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
As we prepare for the next phase of Atlassian's growth journey, we are looking for a passionate Head of IT, People & Legal Technology who will empower Atlassian's, and help unleash the power of our team. You will be part of IT Applications leadership team and will build delightful and compliant experiences for our workforce and our customers and lead a global and diverse team across our PeopleTech, LegalTech, and ComplianceTech portfolios.
Are you passionate about building/growing an IT organization with a product engineering centric mindset?
Do you love connecting Strategy to Transformation while striving for Operational Excellence?
Are you passionate about working with a multi-functional, geographically distributed team of diverse individuals?
If yes, we believe you'll be engaged and challenged in this role and have the opportunity to demonstrate your skills to positively improve Atlassian in the Team Anywhere world. You'll lead Product Management, Engineering, Delivery and Operations for PeopleTech and LegalTech portfolios and you will report to the Head of IT Applications.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Lead an organization of Engineers, Product Managers, and Analysts supporting the internal systems and tools that drive Atlassian's People, Legal and RAC(Risk & Compliance) Departments.
- Assess the impact of emerging technologies against strategic needs and ensure appropriate technology roadmaps and investments.
- Inspire your teams to build great products that deliver integrated experiences for our end-users.
- Develop solutions using an integrated tech-stack that scale with the growing needs of Atlassian's employee and customer base.
- Manage data quality across technology landscape for our integrations and analytics.
- Lead by example in piloting modern IT practices and applying Atlassian tools to supercharge operations, serving as a role model for our customers.
- Grow and motivate your global organization.
- Ensure that the team is a modern IT team with best practices that are the best in the industry. Help transform your team into operating with a product operating model.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Passion and experience building, deploying and optimizing IT products and employee experiences
- Demonstrated history of collaborating across teams
- Love of people development, with experience leading and growing future leaders
- Demonstrate direct knowledge of People, Legal, and Compliance Technology
- Experience with building or deploying Cloud SaaS solutions
- More than 15 years of experience with medium or large-scale enterprise software companies.
- Experience Leading a globally distributed team and matrix organization.
- Have a track record building growth-mindset teams, within a global software, B2B, or cloud services company
- Experience participating and co-creating a Business Strategy with Corporate functions like People, Legal, and Compliance
- Understanding of integrations, machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing technologies
- A degree in computer science or related field OR equivalent meaningful work experience
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!