Security Engineer, 2023 U.S. Graduate
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Are you energized by solving security challenges? We're looking for folks to help us in four important areas:
Build and run new monitoring and analytics systems to detect compromises.
Write automation to find and exploit vulnerabilities in our products and marketplace apps.
Research and suggest product features to harden our software against common vulnerabilities.
Architect and secure hardware, networks and corporate infrastructure.
As a graduate on our security team, you'll watch over our Atlassian services which host tens of thousands of customers. You'll report to, and learn from, some of the best security engineers in the business.
Not eligible for Visa sponsorship. Unfortunately, we do not offer U.S. work visa sponsorship to F-1 student graduates at this time.
Please note: At this time, this role is only open to entry level candidates with less than a year of professional experience (this does not include internships/co-ops).
More about you:
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or a related technical field and graduating by June 2023
- Knowledge of data structures, in particular how they are implemented and how to apply them meet security challenges
- Familiarity with the application of common design patterns
- Demonstrated interest in the security field through academic coursework, previous work or internship experience, or personal projects
- Comfortable writing code to accomplish goals and does not depend solely on third-party products
- Coursework in Cyber Security and other related Security fields
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- A history of collaborating with colleagues to build technical solutions to hard problems
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!