Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Senior Backend Software Engineer, Content Platform Team
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
The Content Platform team is looking for a talented Senior Backend Engineer to join us. We’re building a content-as-a-service platform that enables content creators and engineering teams to efficiently build personalized, intelligent, feature-rich, and sustainable content experiences.
You’ll be working on backend services that provide APIs to personalize, translate, and serve content to our customers at lightning speeds.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 8+ years of experience building production-level backend services
- Experience working with Postgres or other relational databases
- Experience working with Elasticsearch
- Able and willing to mentor junior team members.
- A thorough understanding of automated testing with experience in modern testing frameworks
- Deep understanding of backend architecture and engineering principles
- Able to handle complex application design
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience working with AWS services like EC2, RDS, and CloudFormation
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., Kanban, Scrum)
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.