Head of UX Research, Platform and Data
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your Future Team
Are you a senior research leader who is, love the research craft, and can bring bring teams together to solve complex problems and drive an evidence driven customer focus? If so, we're looking for you to lead one of the fastest growing and business critical teams in Atlassian.
Reporting to the Global Head of Research, you will lead our Transformations, Operations and Platform (TOP) research organization which consists of four areas, including Platform, Data, Enterprise and Economy teams. You will be an important member of one of the most senior leadership squads in our company and be crucial to informing and influencing strategy for important business areas.
With the leadership squad you will share responsibility for the strategy, success and team health of our teams in the TOP organization. The work of your team will impact over 180,000 customers and millions of users in 190 countries who are trying to unleash the potential of their teams through better tooling, practices and processes.
Our research team is a passionate team of mixed methods researchers, spread across the globe. We work together to improve our craft as researchers and our ability to support Atlassian to build better experiences for our customers and users.
What you'll do
- Manage four Senior Research Managers and support them to ensure the impact and health of their fast growing teams.
- Ensure healthy scaling of our fast growing team through development of management and leadership capacity, organisational design, hiring an inclusive team, mentoring and developing research talent, modeling great craft practices.
- Partner with a leadership team across product management, design, data science, data science, marketing and engineering to provide research and insights that influence strategy, design and roadmap priorities and direction.
- Use your storytelling skills to energize people around delighting customers through great user experiences and ensure successful implementation through influence and hands-on leadership.
- Contribute to the development of a creative research practice across Atlassian as a member of our Global Research Leadership Team.
- Experience helping shape strategy and priorities for executive leadership teams at a company strategy level. Experience influencing and shaping executive strategies with research and insight.
- 5+ years experience hiring and managing senior research managers, building and scaling a team of 25+ researchers.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing and conducting high-quality user research (qualitative and quantitative) that has had an impact.
- Examples of research communication that influences and inspires change. You know how to advocate for research and researchers; you rely on qualitative and quantitative data to create ways of reinforcing your team's insights so they resonate and are impactful across diverse audiences, you work in an open and collaborative way.
- It would be nice if you had, but we appreciate you popping your hat in the ring:
- Postgraduate qualifications are a bonus, particularly in the areas of psychology, anthropology, sociology, human factors or a related subject area.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!