Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Commercial Counsel - Americas Sales
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We're looking for an accomplished commercial transactions attorney to join our Commercial Legal team! As a member of this team, you'll draft and negotiate a variety of agreements with Atlassian's enterprise customers, all while contributing to team projects and culture. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and support strategic transactions for Atlassian.
We're open to hiring anywhere in the United States for this remote position. We call this "Team Anywhere."
What You'll Do:
- Join our growing Commercial Legal team, which supports Atlassian's largest and most complex customers.
- Provide balanced, business-minded guidance on contract-related issues. We're not looking for academic analysis!
- Partner with other teams (like Sales, Privacy and Revenue) to drive customer deals and design scalable processes for implementation.
- Negotiate enterprise cloud and license agreements for Atlassian's products and services.
- Develop and deliver trainings and other materials to educate our Sales teams on contract terms and other legal issues.
- Contribute to special projects, including projects focused on improving legal processes.
More about you:
- You take ownership and accomplish tasks with appropriate support.
- You build relationships to strengthen the connection between your team and the business.
- You bring empathy and understanding to your conversations with customers and clients, driving a path forward that balances company risk and customer needs.
- You enjoy negotiating and closing deals.
- You understand how to navigate a decentralized, multinational organization.
- You understand software and cloud services, associated business models, and technology industry trends.
- You think creatively beyond the "legal" box to offer solutions for the business.
- You enjoy learning new things and challenging assumptions.
On your first day, we'll expect you to:
- Be qualified to practice law in a US state.
- Have 5+ years of experience handling contract negotiations.
- Have experience negotiating SaaS contracts, with an understanding of related topics like data privacy and revenue recognition.
- Be curious about Atlassian's products, culture, and business model.
- Understand how to succeed in a dynamic environment.
- Be willing to handle new responsibilities.
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role, level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $178,500- $273,700
Zone B: $160,600 - $246,400
Zone C: $148,100 - $227,200
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.