Group Product Manager, Confluence Creation
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
The Confluence Cloud team at Atlassian is changing the way companies collaborate and share information. Confluence has 75k+ customers and more than half of Fortune 100 companies use Confluence to connect people with the content they need. Join us as we unleash the power of teams all over the globe.
The Confluence Creation team manages the very core part of the Confluence user experience so that all users can create compelling content using building blocks such as text, images, and data. This team brings capabilities to experienced creators and works to ensure it is easy for new creators to get started quickly.
We are hiring a Group Product Manager to lead the Confluence creation team and coach and grow a team of PMs. You will be responsible for setting and delivering on strategic priorities and results that are aligned with our user needs and help Confluence grow. Creation is at the heart of the value Confluence brings to individual users and organizations so you'll have very high visibility and strategic importance to the future of Confluence.
Atlassian is on the cutting edge of modern product craft, and is still led by the two original founders who relentlessly pursue the vision to unleash the potential in every team. You'll be joining a product-led company where product managers set strategy and lead teams towards big goals.
In this role you will:
- Lead the vision, strategy and execution for the Confluence Creation group
- Mentor and inspire a growing team of experienced and junior Product Managers
- Identify new strategic opportunities for improving the creator experience
- Work directly with design, engineering, research and marketing counterparts to ship high quality, valuable, and loved products
- Be a subject matter expert within Atlassian on Confluence creation
- Build relationships between the Confluence creator group and partner teams across Atlassian
- Deeply understand our customers so you can advocate for them and their content creation needs
- Make a large impact across our product family and influence millions of users and thousands of customers for decades to come
- Report to the lead of the Confluence Content Engagement group
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 6+ years of experience in a product management role (ideally at a product-led SaaS company)
- Experience growing teams with complex and dependent projects in a multi-year mission
- Experience mentoring and/or managing other product managers
- Clarity of vision for your product that provides the team with direction and inspiration
- Experience running experiments and context switching from talking about the big picture all the way down to implementation details
- A history of working with engineering and design teams to produce an outstanding customer experience
- Technical know-how to partner with engineering to work on the roadmap you define
- Experience nailing hard problems and imparting that knowledge to your PM teams with frameworks and stories
- A track record of encouraging your teams to build great products with a constant desire to understand, question, and improve the experiences for users
- Comfort presenting a compelling narrative to large audiences and groups of executives
- Excitement about working on one of the largest and fastest growing products within Atlassian
- Strong opinions, but enjoy being challenged to think about a problem from a different angle
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!