Principal Product Manager, Enterprise Encryption & BYOK
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
To help our teams work together effectively, this role requires you to be be able to spend the majority of your working day engaging with teams based on the West Coast of the USA.
Your future team
The Enterprise Trust team helps our largest and most complex customers confidently adopt Atlassian by building the Enterprise-grade platform which underpins all of Atlassian's products.
We're hiring a Principal Product Manager, reporting to the Senior Group Product Manager, Enterprise Trust Foundations. You are an experienced Product Manager with a strong technical background in building SaaS (Software as a Service) for businesses.
What you'll do
- Develop the vision, strategy and roadmap for how we protect customers' most precious data
- Own the scope, rollout and roadmap for our in-development Bring Your Own Key (BYOK) encryption capability across Atlassian's customers, dozens of products, thousands of micro-services
- Work across the strategy, security, compliance, cloud infrastructure and product teams and with dedicated engineering teams, program management and designers
- Collaborate with our ecosystem team to enable encryption in the marketplace apps our customers rely on.
- Deeply understand the encryption/ data protection landscape
- 7+ years as a Product Manager or in an equivalent leadership position
- Strong technical background, comfortable understanding/ sparring/ challenging technical approaches with experienced architects and senior engineering leadership, as well as with customers
- Worked on B2B SaaS - ideally in a role connected with security, compliance, encryption
- Experience building product for large, complex enterprises, balancing competing needs across customers
- Worked in a platform company, on platform initiatives, ideally in a shared tenant cloud environment
- A proven track record for defining, building and delivering high impact products that create real business and customer value in fast-growth or large-scale companies
- Strong influencing skills that help you to communicate and manage relationships across the organization - from customers, developers, to senior executives.
- Able to understand sophisticated problems. You gather, prioritize and translate customer and business requirements into successful product strategies
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!