Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to the Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Corporate Information Security Engineer
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
The Corporate Security team at Atlassian seeks to enable foundational teams such as IT, Business Systems, Finance, Legal, People, and Customer Support, to have the ability to execute their initiatives without compromising security. In order to do this, CorpSec engineers are security all-rounders who are able to consider risk, make tradeoffs and implement effective security controls across Atlassian while working closely with these teams.
We're a distributed team across the US and Australia who work closely together to help protect Atlassian data, whether that's implementing strong authentication, rolling out NGAV + EDR, building zero trust networks or helping secure our people automation systems. As part of the focus on learning at Atlassian, you'll be able to spend up to 20% of your time on independent research during our monthly innovation weeks.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Work directly with foundational teams to improve Atlassian's SaaS / IaaS / PaaS systems;
- Work on large-scale infrastructure projects involving workstations, networks and cloud technologies;
- Perform threat modeling exercises with business partners to identify risks in corporate systems;
- Develop security policies, communicate change, and drive security from remediation to completion from end to end;
- Perform vendor risk assessment for third-party solutions that address security threats;
- Lead big organizational and technical change; and
- Do exciting, diverse technical work, your way.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Experience working in cyber security (or a strong background in IT with a deep interest in security);
- An ability to reason about security decisions;
- Experience in infrastructure security with a focus on operating systems, networks, vendor and/or application security;
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Golang, Java, etc.); and
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience working with corporate IT departments such as network engineering, robotic process automation, people operations or other related functions;
- Previously worked with a large variety of SaaS tools (Salesforce, Workday, Jira, etc);
- Experience in a large-scale cloud business; or
- The ability to thrive in a remote working environment.
More about you
We're looking for individuals who can adapt quickly, be flexible and enjoy working in a variety of areas. To be successful, you must thrive on autonomy and open work, while being passionate at what you do.
More about our team
Atlassian Security is a team based across the globe with 150+ engineers all around the world including Australia, USA and the Netherlands.
We are responsible for building and managing security services to ensure that Atlassian's products are among the most trustworthy in the industry. This includes managing the security development lifecycle, coordinating detection, assessment and response to security incidents, and providing architectural and process guidance for all of the teams across Atlassian. We are a highly motivated, collaborative, creative team that isn't afraid of moving quickly and that is widely respected within Atlassian and across the broader security industry.
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $143,000 - $219,300
Zone B: $128,700 - $197,400
Zone C: $118,600 - $182,000
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.