Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Senior Incident Response Analyst
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you live and breathe information security? Want to battle cyber criminals every day? Want to work on important problems, your way? Atlassian has an amazing opportunity for you!
We're expanding our security incident response capability and looking for smart, analytical, people to help us build new incident response processes and procedures, and run incident response investigations. As an incident response analyst, you'll be responding to threats against our corporate environment and Atlassian cloud services, contributing to our incident response playbooks and knowledge base, and contributing to mission-critical projects. More than that, you'll be building new systems, developing automation, and crushing security problems you care about.
We would love for you to have development experience, but more importantly, you must be bright, motivated, and love security. You should be comfortable writing code to get things done and not depend on third-party products to do your job. You must have a solid understanding of network, system, and application security and should be considered great in at least one by your peers.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Usage of Splunk
- Running and managing security investigations
- Performing investigations on a wide variety of events from various sources to determine whether they pose a threat to Atlassian
- Developing technical solutions to help mitigate security incidents
- Advocating security and secure practices throughout Atlassian
- Conducting research to identify new attack vectors against Atlassian's products and services
- Analyzing log data for signs of compromise
- Researching attacker tools and tactics
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years experience working in security
- Familiarity with security alerts from a variety of sources
- Relevant work experience in security and incident investigation
- Working knowledge of operating system internals
- Written code to complete security tasks
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Experience building and delivering projects from start to finish
- Passion for collaboration and strong interpersonal, analytical, and writing skills
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Fluency in any modern programming language (preferably Python or Go)
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud service platform
- Experience with malware analysis
- Experience with threat hunting and threat modeling
- Experience managing or participating in complex computer security incidents
- Contributions to the security community or open-source projects
- Data analytics experience
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $176,300.00 - $270,400.00
Zone B: $158,600.00 - $243,300.00
Zone C: $164,300.00 - $224,400.00
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.