Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Engineering Manager, Custom Domains
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
To help our teams work together effectively, this role requires you to be located in the US timezones.
Your future team
Our Admin Experience is comprised of people with backgrounds in building enterprise grade software. We deliver feature functionalities into Atlassian's administration portal admin.atlassian.com
We're hiring an Engineering Manager, reporting to Senior Engineering Manager. You will manage a group of engineers at varying job levels, from new college grads to senior engineers. You will be responsible for their daily work and mentoring them as they climb up their career ladders. You will work with your design and product management counterparts to fill use case gaps, improve API footprint, and improve the user experience.
What you'll do
- Detailed execution plans for products and features
- Yearly/quarterly/sprint planning, and other Agile rituals
- Manage customer issues, escalations, and be involved in other customer interactions like product feedback
- Manage reliability, performance and productivity metrics for team and the services owned by the team
- Participate in hiring planning and other budgeting exercises
- Inspire innovation and operational excellence within the team
- Collaborate with partners to get clarity on priorities, scheduling and scope of work
- Participate in technical/architectural discussions, provide direction, drive outcomes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent; Master's degree in Computer Science preferred
- Industry experience working as a hands-on engineering manager, managing a team of engineers
- Fluency in Java (or other object-oriented programming languages)
- At least five years of industry experience as a backend or full stack engineer
- At least 3 years of experience building distributed systems for a SaaS product
- At least 3 years of experience with true continuous delivery to a production system
- At least 3 years of Project Management driving multi-team projects
- Experience leading Engineering teams for a Saas product without QA teams / Deep understanding of SaaS product quality control
- Familiarity with industry-standard monitoring systems (e.g.: Splunk, DataDog, New Relic, etc.)
- Passionate about mentoring engineers and helping others achieve their career goals
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $161,200 - $247,300
Zone B: $145,100 - $222,600
Zone C: $133,800 - $205,300
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.