Principal, Strategy & Business Operations
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is seeking a Strategy and Business Operations Principal who will drive cross-functional projects across both the SBO organization and Atlassian more broadly. In this role you will partner with Executive leadership to set our strategy and chart our course on our exciting journey towards our cloud future.
If you are looking to partner with extraordinary talent, drive strategy for a rapidly expanding company and make a big impact, we encourage you to join us in this exciting journey.
In this role, you will partner with our Product, Transformations, Platform and Go-To-Market SBO Teams to define and drive the multi-year strategy across the Atlassian portfolio. You must bring creative thought and strong data-driven opinions to help us drive continued value for developers and expand our foothold with IT staff and knowledge workers across the world. You will be part of a team that is passionate about delivering high stakeholder impact and hence partners deeply with leaders across the org.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Formulate and present critical strategy recommendations to Atlassian’s executive team, including our CEOs, CPO, COO, CFO and CRO
- Partner directly with executive leadership to help Atlassian achieve its revenue and MAU goals across a quickly expanding set of target customers
- Iterate and drive the long-term strategy for the Strategy & Business Operations team, defining and implementing growth plans and ensuring accountability for results
- Monitor, measure, and assess how critical initiatives and investments are delivering results for the company
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team, including product, marketing, sales, analytics, finance, and other teams
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 10+ years experience in high growth SW / tech industry or consulting - product experience a strong plus; MBA or advanced technical degree preferred
- Experience working with large, distributed teams and driving decisions through cross-functional influence and engagement
- Strong business sense and experience with different GTM models (Product-led-growth a plus, but not required)
- Strong leadership and communication skills – written and verbal -- to work with CxOs across various geographies and functions; proficient with business and technical discussions
- Strong analytical skills - ability to analyze data, derive key insights, diagnose business issues, and craft strategic projects
- Passion for learning and innovation - build new methodologies and techniques to tackle business problems and/or attain a higher level of leadership responsibilities within the team
More about our team
The Strategy & Business Operations team is a high-impact and visible team that works closely with product & business leaders across the company. Atlassian is at a pivotal moment in our trajectory as a company. We see our potential to grow into a $10B+ revenue software industry leader. We make decisions through our values, and take an agile, iterative, and open approach to each decision we make. We are passionate about our mission, to unleash the potential of any team, and the potential for positive impact realizing that mission can have for users and customers.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!