Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Senior Program Manager Market Solutions (ITSM)
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
As a Senior Program Manager in Atlassian's Customer Success and Innovation (CSI) Strategy and Operations team, you will be responsible for driving strategic programs across our CSI team and Atlassian teams in service for one of our solution verticals. You'll help build a team of cross-functional subject matter experts (SME) who will execute on work ranging from short-term experiments to long-term initiatives to drive value delivery outcomes, as well as deepen our understanding of customer needs and behavior. The ultimate outcome of these programs is to further empower our teams to provide exceptional service with current and future customers. If you're someone who loves bringing order to chaos and building something new - this role is for you!
While this role primarily serves CSI, building partnerships across the business with Product, Sales, and GTM roles serving our solution spaces (IT Service Management, Agile Dev Ops, or Work Management) will be paramount to completing the full customer journey view of how we help our customers for their service management needs. You are the customer champion to these broader teams; synthesizing and packaging business insights and bottlenecks in terms of quantifiable impact to the customer experience as product improvements, process changes, and more to better serve our customers at scale.
What you'll do
- Establish structure and momentum from ambiguity. This is an exciting opportunity to create structure and momentum with a new team from the ground up. You'll organize experiments and larger programs to measure customer behaviors and outcomes, which may result in new service offerings in the service management portfolio.
- Lead cross-functional program work across globally distributed teams. As the connector to the globally-distributed team serving your program, you will empower your team do their best work via smoothing out collaboration across groups, identifying hot spots in team health, and advocating for your team's needs to leadership. Challenging decisions, questioning judgment, and voicing when exec/leader/team is wrong is strongly encouraged in this role.
- Drive visibility to the program and work. Your team will be doing incredible, impactful work for our customers engaged in service management - and communicating team focus, new deliverables, learnings, and wins to CSI upward and outward (and the broader business) will be key to creating broader collaboration opportunities, broaden your program network and influence, and bridge silos across the business.
- Develop a network of partnerships across Atlassian. You will foster collaboration and learning opportunities across Product, Sales, Marketing and Service Design to drive support for continuous improvements initiatives and mitigating risks and bottlenecks in service of the ITSM customer journey.
- Grow solution practices. As part of long-term ownership of your program, you will have a key stake in informing program direction with your core team and senior leadership via translating the learnings and insights from your team into actionable changes and business cases for the broader business to own and advocate for roadmap prioritization and. Building for scale and maturation, you will keep an eye on shepherding your program from "Form" (eg experimental) to "Norm" (operational) through introducing and streamlining cadences, work breakdown and planning, implementing measures of success and more.
- 7+ years of project and program management experience with technical customer-facing teams at scale
- Experience in Customer Success Strategy, Programs, or Operations
- Demonstrated ability to plan and deliver work with agile frameworks
- Understanding of IT Service Management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced program management knowledge
- Experience with enterprise SaaS software professional services and delivery
- Hands-on experience with Jira and Confluence is a plus.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time for strategic offsites
More about CSI team
It's all right there in the name when you join the Atlassian Customer Success and Innovation team you are at the heart of empowering our customers to do more with our products as they unleash the potential in their teams. You will contribute to customer success by tackling challenges head-on and providing unparalleled knowledge and best practices around our solutions. We are big on distributed collaboration and are passionate about our customer-first culture. Working in this team at Atlassian, you'll have a direct impact on some of our biggest accounts, fast. You won't get frustrated with bureaucracy or slow decision-making because we encourage innovative thinking. We don't just want to know your opinions; we want to see your ideas in action. We hire great people and then trust them to be great.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.