Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Mobile Software Developer, Android
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a talented Android Engineer to join the Confluence Bedrock team. You will have a direct impact on the customer experience through the design and implementation of key Confluence Bedrock initiatives.
The Confluence Bedrock team is responsible for large horizontal initiatives across Confluence Mobile including navigation, internationalization, accessibility, networking and cache. We collaborate with the other two mobile verticals on key experiences as well as growth and engagement initiatives.
To do this, you'll work closely with other developers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love. Together with the team, your expertise and skills will have a direct hand in creating experiences that will make customers want to use Confluence mobile as part of their regular workflow.
On your first day you'll be expected to:
- Familiarity with the Kotlin programming, the Android jetpack libraries, and Android platform knowledge
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining Android applications
- Proven experience in interacting with various back end technologies
- Ability to operate independently
- Experience crafting and implementing well-tested, well-architected, and performant applications
- Knowledge of data storage solutions
- Knowledge to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space, and time
- Passion for creating and enhancing products to deliver the best experiences to our customers
- A strong commitment and affinity for a positive and nurturing team culture
It's great but not required if you have:
- Experience with coroutines / async technologies
- Familiarity with Mobius architecture
- Experience creating and implementing effective monitoring, tracing, and system performance tooling
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
- Experience with RESTful and GraphQL based micro-services
- Experience with non-relational databases
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GAE, Azure)
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $130,800 - $200,700
Zone B: $117,700 - $180,600
Zone C: $108,600- $166,600
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.