Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Senior Compensation Manager
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
As the Senior Compensation Manager, Market Insights & Analytics, you will be responsible for leading the planning and administration of global cash compensation programs at Atlassian including: annual market analysis & base pay structure development, annual salary budget planning, offer package design & support, and global pay policies and compliance. This role will lead a team of Compensation Specialists located around the world, and will liaise with a cross-functional team of Talent Acquisition, People Technology, global compensation team members, and People team centers of excellence.
Success in this position requires strong people management skills, and the ability to collaborate and bring teams together from all parts of the world. A strong background in Compensation is required, along with analytical and problem-solving skills. The right candidate will help us to ensure forward thinking design & analytics tools to support our fast-growing constantly evolving organization. Combining data and feedback from Atlassians with the latest industry research, you will make large-scale, data-driven decisions that will have a huge impact.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Lead a small team of Compensation professionals with responsibility for hiring, coaching, rewarding, developing, and inspiring the team
- Lead and ensure effective management of various compensation workstreams including annual salary benchmarking, market insights, salary structure development, salary planning budgets, pay programs and compliance, and reviewing compensation insights with leadership.
- Ensure appropriate governance and adherence to Atlassian's compensation philosophy, policies and global labor law requirements.
- Ensure alignment with our corporate compensation philosophy, participate in the review of market data and creation of market reference ranges, including report development, analysis of market data, movement recommendation and costing for both US and all other countries
- Responsible for project management of compensation programs, policies and processes. Act as internal authority regarding compensation analytics, programs and processes for the company
- Collaborate with People Technology resources on tool execution, improvements and enhancements
- Identify processes, programs or capabilities that could benefit from automation or re-engineering
- Drive end-to-end consistency across programs
- Remain current on global compensation technical solutions and introduce solutions to improve internal programs
- Lead global market analysis exercise; being an authority on major external survey methodologies and have deep insights in market data utilization globally
- Convert data outcomes into insights and partner with our Comp Business Partner team to share executive ready presentations with senior leaders
- Ensure that the base compensation structure is externally competitive and internally equitable.
- Assist in the development and dissemination of effective communication materials that improve the understanding and value of compensation programs
On the first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Bachelor's Degree with 5-10 years of compensation experience
- Prior experience leading a team of compensation professionals who focus on global market analysis & salary structure development
- Passion for coaching & developing teams, and for collaborating across large, complex organizations
- Experience leading global compensation projects
- Excellent analytical capabilities, experience with big data and interfacing between HRIS applications, solid financial and compensation modeling skills and ability to communicate persuasively with business partners to resolve highly complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, design and recommend market competitive programs aligned to business strategy.
- Work regularly and comfortably with high-level individual contributors and leaders across multiple functions. Track record of influencing at the senior leadership level.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, with the ability to articulate and distill complex issues.
- Ability to manage change effectively always mindful of technology and business process implications.
- Advanced excel skill is a requirement
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $165,000 - $253,000
Zone B: $148,500 - $227,700
Zone C: $136,900 - $210,000
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.