Privacy and Product Counsel - GTM & Trust
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We're looking for a talented Privacy & Product Counsel: GTM Strategy and Customer Trust to join our dynamic and collaborative legal team at Atlassian! In this role you will have the opportunity to strategically guide Atlassian in protecting and strengthening its number one asset: Customer Trust - and on Day 1 - use your experience to have tangible impact on Atlassian’s enterprise cloud go-to-market strategy.
In This Role, You'll Get To
- Become a member of our growing team of individuals supporting atlassian’s go-to-market and trust work within our department
- Design scalable processes for implementation
- Identify enablement opportunities to educate go-to-market and commercial teams, reducing escalations to Privacy
- Provide guidance on compliance with global privacy and data security laws, regulations and industry standards. We’re not looking for an academic analysis!
- Partner with the business (engineering, product, sales, etc.) on global privacy related initiatives
- Support efforts to build trustworthy, data privacy-conscious products our customers love
- Engage with the privacy legal community to understand evolving issues and to help Atlassian provide an industry-leading privacy program for our customers and stakeholders
More About You
- You strive to be both a trusted business advisor as well as a privacy subject matter expert because of your strategic, practical approach
- No egos here! You take ownership, roll up your sleeves, and can get things done as part of a lean and growing Privacy team
- You're a fan of SaaS and cloud services and are aware of industry trends
- Bringing innovative technology products to the market excites you, and you can develop the technical fluency to confidently and effectively advocate for and explain Atlassian’s privacy positions and business value proposition to customers
- You’re keenly aware of product, privacy and data protection issues that our customers are likely focused on when considering or using our products - and are eager to develop customer enablement materials to make our customers' legal and compliance teams' jobs easier
- You bring empathy and understanding to your conversations with customers, seeking to find a path forward that balances company risk and customer needs
- You effectively navigate a decentralized and complex organization spread across the globe
- You invest in building relationships within the Privacy team, and are excited to contribute to a positive and inclusive team ethos
- You can ruthlessly prioritize based on business criticality, and communicate or set expectations with other stakeholders respectfully
- You are a good storyteller and coach, and effectively communicate with the business and customers to help them understand nuanced legal positions and recommended risk mitigation strategies
On Your First Day, We'll Expect You To Have
- Qualified to practice law in your local jurisdiction
- 5-7 + years practicing law
- Extensive enterprise and B2B SaaS and cloud services industry experience
- Passion to understand our customers, products, culture, and business model
- Deep knowledge of US and European data protection law, and a willingness to invest time in deepening your subject matter expertise in other markets
- Ability to quickly learn new business and technology concepts
- A growth mindset
- Availability and willingness to support customer-facing teams in APAC and the United States; ideally based in the West Coast Time Zone
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!