Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
Atlassian uses a decentralised incident management practice. Major Incidents are managed by Major Incident Managers across each engineering team in Atlassian following a YBIYRI (You Build It, You Run It) mentality.
Working closely with the Incident Management automation team, Incident Process Owner and PIR Owner, you will be leading the operational aspect of the incident management and PIR processes. You will identify key areas to improve these, assist with our training programs and education, and help drive initiatives and improvements to make our practices more robust, efficient and simple.
This is an exciting opportunity to be on the cutting edge of service management practices within a rapidly growing, large organisation where you will be able to help shape the future of reliability for our internal and external customers.
What you'll do
- Specifically we would like you to help with some of these BAU initiatives such as -
- Help other teams with Incident and Postmortem quality uplift
- Help run complicated multiteam postmortums
- Provide support to team to understand the Incident and postmortem process
- Help onboard new Atlassian acquisitions in understanding our incident and postmortem processes
- Help rollout reliability initiatives revolving around incident and postmortem response
- Help teams run incident simulations, walk-throughs and wargames
- Develop and deliver training initiatives
- Demonstrated experience with Incident Management within a cloud environment at scale - preferably both as an Engineer and as an Incident Manager
- Experience in major incidents - preferably wide scale, high impact Sev 1 and 0 (defcon) responses
- Experience in root cause analysis and post-mortems
- Experience driving large-scale process improvements across areas of an organisation
- Experience in low-level analysis and audit work to drive governance and metrics - the 'unglamorous' work that allows larger initiatives to flourish
- On-call experience
We'd be super excited if you have any of the following
- Experience in incident wargaming or incident simulation such as the wheel of misfortune
- Experience preparing high-quality video training.
- Basic SQL or coding skills to attain data for metric reporting
- High-level technical understanding of networking and Linux/Unix based operating systems - docker, Kubernetes, AWS, APIs etc
- Past experiencing in reading code or scripts (being technical always helps in incident resolution)
- Operations background (eg at some point working in NOC, as a sysadmin etc.)
- Experience in delivering training or education to groups and individuals
- Soft skills in partner/relationship management to influence stakeholders
- We are looking at creating a follow the sun specialized incident management team that caters for incidents that -
- Are laterally impacting covering many teams and departments within the organisation.
- Do not have a direct engineering team to manage them
- Weekends - on call roughly once every seven to eight weeks.
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $161,200 - $247,300
Zone B: $145,100 - $222,600
Zone C: $133,800 - $205,300
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.