Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Senior Backend Software Engineer - Confluence Better Together
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a motivated Senior Back End Engineer to join Confluence's team Jedi in Mountain View or remote. You'll have a direct impact on the future of Confluence as you work towards strengthening our products integration across multiple Atlassian products, and beyond.
You'll work in an environment that is team oriented, rapidly growing, has a high bar for testing/quality, and requires balancing engineering focus with communicating to multiple stockholders.
Team Jedi is part of Confluence's Better Together Team. Better Together is responsible for building integrations across the Atlassian's product suites into 3rd party applications. You'll work as part of a rapidly growing high-energy team delivering incredible, creative improvements to our product architecture. You'll collaborate with other developers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have
- Experience writing/debugging/testing Java (or other modern object oriented language, such as C++, C# or python)
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining distributed systems at scale
- Experience mentoring, and guiding other team mates through difficult engineering issues.
- Ability to deep-dive and diagnose system bottlenecks via monitoring and metrics
- Proficiency in relational databases and handling data at scale
- Knowledge to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space and time
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure)
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience adopting compliance standards
- Familiarity with reactive programming frameworks, i.e. Spring Webflux, RXJava
- Experience with optimizing both new and legacy systems for performance at scale
- Experience creating and implementing effective monitoring, tracing and system performance tooling
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
- Experience with RESTful and GraphQL based micro-services
- Experience with non-relational databases
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $161,200 - $247,300
Zone B: $145,100 - $222,600
Zone C: $133,800 - $205,300
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.