Content Designer, 2023 Graduate
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
Have you ever found yourself rewriting onboarding tours, in-app tips, or product tutorials in your head? Do you consider information to be a powerful and essential element of a user's experience?If so, an internship with Atlassian's Design team might be for you! Atlassian is looking for Content Design Interns to join our growing Design teams in Australia, India and the US. Join Atlassian as an intern and spend your internship having an impact on how millions of users collaborate and use software. The most amazing thinkers—like NASA rocket scientists and Tesla engineers—are coming to us for solutions. We're in the business of developing software to help teams everywhere get amazing ideas on the ground and into the world. Sound like an exciting place to start your career?
As a Content Designer, you'll be empowered to experiment with a variety of approaches to information in the UI, documentation, supporting materials, and anywhere else our customers engage with content. You'll work with content designers, product designers, developers, product managers, marketers, and support engineers to ensure that the stories we tell are consistent and create a great experience for our customers. As a Content Design Intern, you'll gain the experience needed in the Agile software development process, Atlassian tools, user research, content strategy, and team collaboration to kickstart your career.
Please note: At this time, this role is only open to entry level candidates with less than a year of professional experience (this does not include internships/co-ops)
Unfortunately, we do not offer U.S. work visa sponsorship to F-1/OPT, J-1/TN, or H-1B student graduates at this time.
What you'll do
- Work on a variety of design challenges where you will be involved in the end-to-end design process, including early-stage research and brainstorming, implementation and iteration.
- You'll take on complex concepts and communicate value in a compelling way.
- Take ownership of creating beautiful content and smooth user experiences for our products used by millions of users worldwide.
- Gain valuable exposure to the design and product development process as you concept and design powerful experiences.
- Be a trusted design partner amongst peers of product managers and engineers who will look to you to guide them in creating harmonious user experiences and content.
- Be currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelors program, graduating by Spring/Summer 2024
- Passion for user-focused design
- Demonstrate the ability to plan while juggling multiple simultaneous projects
- Passion for collaborating with cross-functional team members, like engineers, product managers and designers
- Joy for writing and editing high-quality content (such as articles, blogs, or websites)
- Ability to follow writing standards (including grammar, style, and voice and tone)
- A knack for creatively explaining complex topics to a variety of audiences
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!