Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Product Designer, 2023 Graduate
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
Do you live and breathe the user experience? Do you love solving tough problems, and thrive on variety? Atlassian is currently seeking Grad Design to join our growing Design teams in Australia, India and the US. Join Atlassian and you will have a direct impact on how millions of users collaborate and use software. The most amazing thinkers—like NASA rocket scientists and Tesla engineers—are coming to us for solutions. We're in the business of developing software to help teams everywhere get amazing ideas on the ground and into the world. Sound like an exciting place to start your career? Here you'll be encouraged to use your imagination and try new things.
You'll join a team that is smart and very direct. We challenge each other constantly to improve our work, learn, and ask hard questions. We're dedicated to Agile methodology and are big believers in 'lean' (which means we don't do documentation for documentation's sake). We know the importance of validating assumptions about users and use various types of testing to figure out whether we're right (or wrong). Our bottom line is improving our user's experience—no matter what.
Please note: At this time, this role is only open to entry level candidates with less than a year of professional experience (this does not include internships/co-ops)
Unfortunately, we do not offer U.S. work visa sponsorship to F-1/OPT, J-1/TN, or H-1B student graduates at this time.
What you'll do
- Work on a variety of design challenges where you will be involved in the end-to-end design process, including early-stage research and brainstorming, implementation and iteration.
- You'll take on complex concepts and communicate value in a compelling way.
- Take ownership of creating beautiful content and smooth user experiences for our products used by millions of users worldwide.
- Gain valuable exposure to the design and product development process as you concept and design powerful experiences.
- Be a trusted design partner amongst peers of product managers and engineers who will look to you to guide them in creating harmonious user experiences and content.
- Be currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelors program, graduating by Spring/Summer 2024
- Demonstrate love of the open iterative design process – always sketching, showing work in progress, validating with customers and data, iterating, shipping, learning, and shipping customer value some more
- Strong collaboration skills: you can demonstrate the ability to work with multiple teams, solicit and combine feedback, and facilitate design discussions
- Demonstrate the ability to plan effectively while juggling multiple simultaneous projects
- Have experience with strategies for using data to inform awesome digital experiences
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $103,500 - $158,700
Zone B: $93,100 - $142,900
Zone C: $85,900 - $131,800
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please visit go.atlassian.com/payzones for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.