Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, Jira Align Core
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
If you are passionate about software and finding solutions to problems through agility, we want to talk with you! You will be a key contributor to the Jira Align Engineering Team, which strives to simplify software at scale by bringing business and software development organizations together in one intuitive platform.
In this role, you will be a Senior Software Engineer working with the Jira Align Core team on our core SaaS solution. You will be a key contributor helping to modernize our stack providing a better user experience through the use of client and server-side code as well as modern front-end stacks such as ReactJs, to create responsive, interactive elements, enhancing and creating a rich user experience. Jira Align is a rich, full featured product with complex experiences in navigation, reporting and team level tooling which you will help take to the next level of user engagement and performance. You will work in the Core application group of teams improving areas of usability, quality and scalability to support millions of users taking Jira Align to the next level!
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Jira Align team, you will be counted on to provide guidance and mentorship with hands-on development of internal development, testing, and continuous integration processes. You will have a lot of autonomy and the opportunity to be involved in many different aspects of Jira Align.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 7+ years of professional experience in a software development team
- Strong fundamental software development skills
- Strong proficiency in web-based applications and architecture
- Experience building and integrating REST APIs
- Experience with the Microsoft tech stack / languages (.Net, C#, scripting languages, etc.) with the ability to review code & provide feedback, etc.
- Experience working with backend engineers developing and implementing front-end architecture to support user interface concepts
- Experience and proficiency building reusable components and front-end libraries including component design and state management
- Proficiency in MSSQL database
- Command of Git, CI / CD and modern fundamentals
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Security driven mindset for feature and defect delivery (XSS, CSRF, etc.)
- Experience making progress through product experimentation.
- The value of progress over perfection and have a track record of shipping value to customers.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Developing and implementing highly responsive user interface components using react concepts.
- Resolve customer issues involving code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis.
- Mentor more junior engineers
- Contribute to code reviews
- Craft useful technical documentation
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Automated deployment and release management tools (ex. Octopus)
- Experience with building scalable backends for SaaS based product
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services
- Experience migrating a legacy application to a modern front-end stack
More about our team
You’ll be joining a team that is passionate about building great software and quickly iterating on ideas and work to provide customers with continuously improving experience. We challenge each other constantly to improve, always asking difficult questions and pushing personal and professional growth. This team is focused on building features for enterprise-scale customers with improved performance, scalability and security in mind. Our team has a direct impact on the growth of Atlassian.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!