Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Engineering Manager, Platform Adoption
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
This role is for a full stack engineering manager on the Platform Adoption team, managing engineering efforts of the Platform Onboarding experience.
Platform Adoption is currently focused on two key problem areas:
Discovery: solving our internal and external platform capability find-ability and documentation of the Atlassian Platform.
Onboarding: solving the experience a platform consumer requires to traverse to get value out of the Atlassian Platform.
As an engineering manager on the Platform Adoption team, you will be to lead a cross-skills team of engineers, working together with product and design partners to build out features and components from the ground up in a modern, scalable, and performant way. You'll be part of a wider team who's mission is to help Atlassian deliver value to customers faster by unlocking the power of Platform.
Your greatest responsibility will be looking after the individuals reporting to you – mentoring and supporting them in their professional development, unlocking their potential, and challenging them to step outside their comfort zone to grow and excel. You will work in a fast-paced environment where you will deliver rapidly and incrementally, experiment to explore new ideas, and focus on continuous improvement in every aspect of what we do.
The best person for this role is someone that has strong team leadership skills and a collaborative spirit - someone who is comfortable saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption. The team needs someone who can ask questions, learn from others and turn chaos into order. This team often deals with complex requirements, therefore requires someone who can see the bigger picture, distill that into goals and vision for the team, and not get lost in the details.
On their first day, we'll expect the candidates to have:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years in engineering management following Agile development processes and leading a high performing development team
- Experience developing and operating backend applications, built with Typescript or similar tech stack
- Demonstrated experience building large scale web software
- Experience driving and managing technically challenging projects
- Managing and coaching team members skills and career growth
- Ability to communicate strategy, plans, and status at all levels of the Platform stakeholders
- A relentless focus on execution
- Ability to drive technical excellence, pushing innovation and quality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate across teams and departments to work with dependent teams and align on shared goals
- Ability to keep teams focused through uncertainty
- Have a high level of empathy with our customers no matter how low on the stack your team is working
It's great if you have experience with:
- Experience working in a platform supporting multiple products environment
- Experience with modern microservices and microservice architectures
- Experience with the "you build it you run it" mindset - leading teams to own their software services from planning to building to operations.
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $161,200 - $247,300
Zone B: $145,100 - $222,600
Zone C: $133,800 - $205,300
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.