Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Senior Design Manager, External Collaboration
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
This role is open to those working remotely, provided you are available to collaborate with our West Coast US teams.
First and foremost, Design managers at Atlassian will foster and grow design talent. They're in it for the people and get their kicks from leading others to succeed. At Atlassian, Design managers are comfortable wearing many different hats – they're a coach, a mentor, a partner to spar work with and a sounding board when things get tough. They also work with product and engineering to define product strategy. Design managers are also directly accountable for the user experience and are the leading voice of the customer.
Your future team
We are a cross-product team that focuses on user growth for the Atlassian product suite. This teams mission is in the seams, how we connect the value of Atlassian products, and allow how users collaborate with each other.
We're looking for a Design Manager to join the Product Growth team leading a team of accomplished designers to define - and then deliver - the future of collaboration for Atlassian. you will report directly to the Head of Design for our Product Growth and PI team based in Sydney.
What you'll do
- Lead and inspire others. As manager, your immediate influence is a team of designers in Growth, helping them develop their craft in all areas including Planning, Research, Visual, Interaction and UX Design.
- Partner with the ExCo leadership squad (Product, Engineering, Marketing, Strategy and Analytics) to define product strategy for 'External Collaboration' and advocate for the user experience in our products.
- Identify resources, and determine methods to meet established goals and strategy.
- Steer the strategic design direction and help folks break it down into deliverable pieces.
- Support the vision to make the Product Growth design team the benchmark for design at Atlassian.
- Be a storyteller. You'll also need facilitation and collaboration abilities and the attitude to always work toward the best outcomes.
- 10+ years of professional experience in design UX, product design, design strategy and research, with 3+ years leading a senior-level team.
- Have experience delivering outcomes as a hands-on Product designer. Examples of planning, and then driving product direction autonomously are important.
- Have experience making people better. You'll support and guide your team in constructive ways that encourage, energize, and increase their quality of work.
- Proficient in all aspects of design, product and leadership.
- Have experience of working in complex systems or in enterprise environments.
- Provide teams with mentorship, leadership, and support necessary to ensure that they're able to accomplish their goals.
- Lead & inspire others. You have experience and can show examples of when you gained agreement from peers, partners and executives across a business to influence a result.
- Demonstrate influence with all kinds of internal partners including senior leadership, engineering and product.
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $191,200 - $293,300
Zone B: $172,100 - $264,000
Zone C: $158,700 - $243,400
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.