Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Site Reliability Engineer, Enterprise
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer who is passionate about building scalable cloud services to join our growing Confluence Enterprise Infrastructure team. You will be joining a high-impact team tasked with building platform services that manage and scale our AWS infrastructure to cater for our most demanding and largest customers - Enterprise Customers.
An ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about building reliable services, enjoys systems engineering, keeps on top of industry trends (particularly those related to reliability & scale) and loves bringing their knowledge into the team. We'd love it if you brought a deep understanding of modern cloud infrastructure, programming expertise, operational experience and a desire to change the status quo. We'll support you with robust backend systems, mature processes, and a motivated team with a strong desire to not f*** the customer. We're looking for an engineer who can analyse and help improve our services and processes to get us to an even higher level of availability, scalability, and reliability.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Hands on experience with public cloud offerings (AWS components like EC2, CloudFormation, RDS or Aurora, S3, DynamoDB, Memcached/ElastiCache, SQS, Kinesis - or equivalents, e.g. in GCP / Azure)
- Strong backend engineering experience in any language.
- Experience building web-services and clients using REST/GraphQL
- Experience using container systems like Docker and/or Platform as a Service.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with experience developing and instilling a culture of operational maturity.
It's great if you have:
- Experience with one or more Languages: Java, Kotlin, Python.
- Experience with Database administration, managing Aurora/Postgres infrastructure will be highly valued
- Experience in microservice architecture.
- Experience in Site Reliability Engineering and/or operating large scale systems.
- Experience building monitoring into your code, tweaking dashboards, defining alerts, writing runbooks
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $130,100 - $199,500
Zone B: $117,000 - $179,600
Zone C: $107,900 - $165,600
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.