Senior Engineering Manager, Customer Support Technology
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian's mission "to unleash the potential of every team" is the guiding light behind what we do. We have developed well-known products such as Jira, Confluence, and Trello.. that fit into the fabric of teamwork across different types of teams and the processes to help every team succeed.
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world. Our products are revolutionizing the software industry, and helping teams collaborate and create the magic that provides their best work. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting those born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to promote humanity.
Role in Customer Support Technology
- The Customer Support Technology organization partners with Atlassian's Customer Support to build intelligent self-service support systems, analytics, and smart tools to ensure that Atlassian’s customer care capabilities are frictionless for external customers and effective for internal support engineers. We are seeking an experienced, and results-oriented Senior Engineering Manager to lead our development teams in Customer Support Technology.
- You'll be responsible for building effective teams, empowering them to achieve their goals, and putting those goals into a broader context. You'll work closely with our product management as well as architects to influence the direction of our platform/products and plan the steps to get there. Your greatest responsibility will be looking after the individuals reporting to you – coaching and supporting them in their professional development, unlocking their potential, and challenging them to step outside their comfort zone to grow and excel. As a hands-on engineering leader, you will contribute to the technical decisions, engineering and operational practices and bring in a continuous improvement mindset to build and deliver leading-edge solutions.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 10+ years experience managing and leading large scale and complex software systems in a mixed IaaS, PaaS and SasS environment
- 5+ years of personnel management, including leading multiple development teams
- Real world Agile software development experience
- Ability to drive technical excellence, pushing innovation, quality, and operational excellence
- Ability to drive clarity and provide direction in ambiguous environments
- A track record of strong execution and delivering results
- Strong communication skills (technical, non-technical audiences and senior leadership)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: written and verbal, in person and remote
We’d be super excited, if you have:
- Experience with scalable, high-performance systems that are highly available
- Experience in defining a strategic roadmap for products and platforms
- Experience with enterprise grade customer support systems
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, and the rest of the Atlassian product suite
More about our team
- We are a global team of engineers, product managers, and architects of all levels of experience. We are, above all else, driven innovators. As standard for Atlassian, we offer innovation time to solve problems that matter the most to you. We count the reigning ping-pong champion among our numbers.
- This team is directly involved in multiple initiatives to change the way Atlassian supports its customers. We have the exciting opportunity to be part of redefining the company and invite you to join us on our journey.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!